Forums » Singles' Discussion

Should I marry him?

• September 23, 2016 6:46 AM CEST
    I met him through his younger sister who happened to be my friend since undergraduate days. Everything has been going on smoothly without noticing his non giving attitude, I never for once took it so serious as i'm working and earn a good income until I listened to a message during one of our youth programmes in church about a man being able to provide and protect his family just as christ gave all for us then it dawned on me that my fiancé has not really been that kind of person even if he bought something and I like it eg books, he will asked me to go buy my own and he will never allow me borrow it from him. The annoying thing is that if other people asked him he will give willingly. He has never supported me in any way, not even spiritually let alone financially, I never took it seriously until I heard that message then I began to think twice. Please what is your advise.
    • 194 posts
    September 23, 2016 9:36 AM CEST
    Its good you have taken notice of this attitude.
    What you ought to do now is to communicate it to him. Be straightforward and sincere about it.
    Tell him about the teachings you heard and how you wish to see that in your relationship.

If he really loves you, he would make amends. Give him time and see how he responds.