Forums » Singles' Discussion

He didn't show up

• September 27, 2016 7:32 AM CEST
    We've been dating for three years now and we've always loved each other very well. Recently we decided to do our introduction since we were beginning to plan for our wedding. All things were set for our introduction but on that very day he didn't show up, I was so disappointed and embarrassed. He came up with different excuses but right now I'm really done with the whole thing, although he kept apologising. Please what is your advise for me at this time?
    • 16 posts
    September 27, 2016 9:31 AM CEST
    He didn't show up for introduction? That's really serious. Did he notify you on or before that day that he wouldn't be able to make it? If yes then (with good reason) he can be taken serious but otherwise it's really an embarrassing situation which clearly shows that he has no regard for you and your family. And so you have to take a drastic step to check further embarrassment. What just happened is a red flag to show you that all is not well with the relationship. The earlier you prayerfully take action on this matter the better.
    • 194 posts
    September 27, 2016 11:20 AM CEST
    I would say forgive, forgive, forgive him, but dont push further for some time. let him show some more seriousness and commitment to the relationship.
    Also, pray for peace and assurance from God. Pray against the plans of the enemy that might want to take away something good from you.
    When you receive God's peace, then you can proceed.
    • 8 posts
    September 28, 2016 5:31 AM CEST
    Hmmmmmmmm, well, I think we first need to simplify the clause 'he didn't show up' (it seems ambiguous) for clarity sake.
    As known that an introduction is families affair; was it that his family members were around but he wasn't or that his family members and himself were all nowhere to be found?.
    If the case is the first one, let's then imagine that the unexpected happened which he should have tenable reason(s)/explanation(s) for, prayerfully and wisely give him the second chance and of course must be ready to tender unreserved ap ologies to your family members for that insult.
    If the latter is the case, my dear lovely sister, (bíko, make una) borrow more legs! Why? Cos it's only rehearsal he showed you, the very performance will be on the wedding day and in the church where the bride will relentlessly waiting for the groom that is never to come - Waiting for Godot. That is the character of the generation of Cain.
    Pls look inwardly there would have been those days you needed him more if not most but never there, don't be love blinded HEED THE RED FLAG