Forums » Singles' Discussion

....because her father is a knight

• September 30, 2016 7:19 AM CEST
    We've been together since our undergraduate days and both love each other so much. I graduated before her and as God will have it I got a job immediately after my service so we decided to get married after her service. I proposed to her during that period and we had a very successful traditional wedding. Now for the church wedding her priest wants me to sign that I will be a Catholic after marrying her which can't be possible. I asked her to let us do our wedding in another church because of the conditions her church gave me but she refused saying her father is a knight so she can't marry else where. I decided to stop the wedding plans for now and she has started behaving funny. Please what should I do because I really love her and I don't want her to lose her just like that.
    • 35 posts
    September 30, 2016 12:55 PM CEST
    Just a little advice. If she's acting "funny", you first want to win her back on your side. Enjoy each other's company again and everything that had to do with you two, not the wedding or anything else. When that is done, ask her directly what she wants you to do about the matter on ground. Ask what she wants you to do about what the priest told you to sign. Then take it from there. If the answer does not favor you, don't impose anything on her but let her know that you don't wanna lose her but you as well can't become a Catholic member. Then she can choose how she wants to go about this.
    • 194 posts
    September 30, 2016 6:27 PM CEST
    Brother, reassure her of your love. Talk to her and let her communicate her thoughts to you.

However, dont compromise your conviction. Dont accept to sign just to let the wedding hold.

Talk and persuade her to prevail on her father to let the wedding take place in the catholic church or elsewhere without signing any binding document.
    Its either that happens or its over.
    May God give you the wisdom and patience to resolve this amicably.