Forums » Singles' Discussion

I lied about dating his friend

• October 4, 2016 6:55 AM CEST
    I met this young man two years ago in UK when I went for my Msc and I decided to date him after having a conviction in my heart about him but something happened few months ago when one of his friends came around and we all hung out but to my surprise the guy was my ex during the undergraduate days. Though my fiancé and I have not really discussed about our past because he always felt it wasn't important and even when I tried to tell him he usually quotes "old things are passed away all things have become new". To cut the long story short after the outing he asked me if I've dated anyone that he needs to know, I actually didn't know what he discussed with his friends and was worried something bad might happen as I didn't know how to explain to him after lying even though there was nothing serious that happened between his friend and I. Please I need an advice on how to go about this. Thank you.
    • 35 posts
    October 4, 2016 12:48 PM CEST
    Sweetheart, there's nothing you need to do than come clean. Good thing you said "nothing serious" happened between you and your ex. The only thing is, if your fiancé doesn't have your side of the story, your ex's side is the only story that counts at this point- is that good for your relationship? No!
    Secondly, should lying be included in your relationship? I think not. The fact that you lied might make it look like you're hiding something. Therefore, let your fiancé know you need to talk to him. Come out and let him know you lied and you're sorry you did. Tell him the truth and tell him why you lied. Of course, pray for the wisdom to go about it and wisdom for him to handle it.
    • 194 posts
    October 4, 2016 1:03 PM CEST
    The truth shall set you free. Come out and be sincere with him. Tell him you were just scared of his reaction.
    Tell him the whole truth of all that was between you and ur ex. Take a stand never to lie to him again no matter the situation. All will be well.