Forums » Ladies Forum

Temptations!

• 300 posts
    October 17, 2016 10:54 PM CEST
    1 Corinthians 10:13King James Version (KJV)

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When you are tempted, don't say you are tempted by God. Only the devil tempts, and you fall into it when you are drawn away by your own lust, and flesh.
    Bible says there is no temptation that has taken, but such is common to man.

Like my pastor would say, Don't specialize the temptation, don't say this my own is very different or peculiar to me. You see, there's power in tongue. Once you say that, it becomes difficult to over come. BUT commonalize it...like the bible said,It's common to man, it's not a new thing, you are not the only one the devil is trying to play that trick on. So once you do that, it becomes easier to overcome.

You are not tempted above what you can't handle, that's what the word of God says. Is it that fine brother at work, that man at your friends place, that your boss, that married man, your friend, your choir master or even your boyfriend . Watch out! God always make a place of escape for you.
    It's now left for you to identify that this is a trap and flee/run away from it.

Temptation is not a sin, Even Jesus was tempted, then we can expect that everybody at one point would be tempted by the devil. It's when we fall into the temptation that it becomes a sin. We fall into it when we are drawn away by our own lust and flesh. So we should be very careful...

We can go through trials, God allows us to go through trials, this is quite different from temptation. Temptation can occur during your trials. These are just examinations set for us to advance and grow in our spiritual work with God.

When we go through trials e.g, No husband yet, no child is coming forth, not enough money at hand , God is just testing our faith....and see how well we trust or rely on him after our repeated sayings that we love God and trust in him.

His Grace is sufficient for us. He is a wonderful God . He won't let us fall. I pray God to help us all
    Remain Blessed...