Forums » Singles' Discussion

"bro, sis" issue

• January 16, 2015 6:49 AM CET
    My patner calls me by name and calls me pet names too but I use "e" (yoruba) for him and call him "brother" which I'm not comfortable with at all. How can I switch to calling him by his name?
    • 4 posts
    January 16, 2015 8:48 AM CET
    Discuss it with him. I experienced the same thing with my fiance then now my husband. I hated using 'e' so much that I switch to english at the middle of my sentences to avoid using it. As it turned out, when I discussed it with him, he knew what I've been but prefers to be addressed as 'e' because he has never heard his mom call his dad by his name or address him without 'e'. Now, it's not a big issue as it was then but to be truthful, I miss that part of addressing my husband by his name. Back to you, discuss it with him before you switch and ascertain he's comfortable with it.
    • 16 posts
    January 17, 2015 10:15 AM CET
    I agree with my sister Kade. The issue of pet names is a thing of preference. I'll say call him by his name once or twice and gauge his reaction. The discuss it with him. He loves you, so he'll be honest with you.
    • 4 posts
    January 23, 2015 9:03 PM CET
    I used my case as an example, one day in the middle of discussion I say bro sorry I don't think I can be continue with this bro oo, bcos am not free with u I don't see u as my husband to be is like am talking to my daddy or elder brother sorry ooo am tired. He said he has bn notice that, I should be free with him etc. So if don't feel like the way I felt there is no problem but if its otherwise pls iron it out with wisdom
    • 4 posts
    January 23, 2015 9:03 PM CET
    I used my case as an example, one day in the middle of discussion I say bro sorry I don't think I can be continue with this bro oo, bcos am not free with u I don't see u as my husband to be is like am talking to my daddy or elder brother sorry ooo am tired. He said he has bn notice that, I should be free with him etc. So if don't feel like the way I felt there is no problem but if its otherwise pls iron it out with wisdom
    • 2 posts
    February 8, 2015 5:22 PM CET
    If u continue using "e", u wouldn't b free wit him wc might likely affect ur communication, thus, d r/ship is @ stake. Discuss it wit him n get him a gud pet name, use d pet name often, instead of d e, use d pet name, wit tym, u wil head way.