Forums » Singles' Discussion

He's always insulting my parent

• November 23, 2016 5:49 AM CET
    Shortly after our introduction my fiancé has really changed so much that I wonder if he has been waiting to be introduced to my family before unleashing his real self. He has always been someone with bad temperament but of recent it has gone worse to the extent of insulting my parent anytime we have a little argument. I don't think I can cope with a man that abuses me and my parent verbally even though I love him so much. I'm thinking of reporting him to his parent and pastors but at the same time i'm scared of what the outcome might be. Please I need a sincere advise. Thank you.
    • 194 posts
    November 23, 2016 8:58 AM CET

Sis, i smell emotional and verbal abuse already. This is not a healthy relationship.

Would you say this man loves and fears God? I doubt it. How can he disrespect your parents at the slightest provocation? I am sure he abuses you too. Soon the bad temperament which causes verbal abuse might lead to physical abuse.

The truth is he cannot control his temeperament, abuses you and disrespects your family. What kind of love is this??? How can you still want to marry this man "forever"?

I am sorry to say, please forget all that introduction ceremony and end that relationship ASAP.

Reporting an adult to his parents and pastors wont solve the problem. Without God, it will only get worse.

PLEASE dont force him to marry. Dont let him "pity" and "manage" to marry you.

My God open your eyes to see and take the right decision.

• November 23, 2016 11:47 AM CET
    My reply is short. Leave him! A word is enough for the wise. A guy that does not respect your parents can insult anyone.
    Leave him and ask God to help you. I love him is not enough in cases like this. From what you have said he is not yet a convicted Christian as no true Christian will insult someone's parents and not feel bad - or the Holy Spirit convict him, not to talk of his fiance's parents. He is hurting you and not feeling it and you want to marry him? I wonder at this rational sometimes. These are enough red flags..leave him please. God has guven you enough signs, so now ask him to help you move on.