Forums » Men's Forum

I'm not enjoying her food!

• 867 posts
    December 3, 2016 3:06 AM CET
    My wife is heavy. My mother in law has been around, helping out.
    However, in the area of food, I'm not enjoying at all.
    My mother in law cooks as if she's cooking for her husband and other old people.
    I remember vividly yesterday's dinner. There was no salt.
    I really don't know how to address it without sounding insulting.
    • 35 posts
    December 3, 2016 6:52 PM CET
    1.) I personally don't even think anyone else but you should be helping your wife apart from you, at least till the baby comes.
    2.) You don't wanna come off as selfish to your wife. So ask her how her mom would feel if you start cooking most times- not your wife,You, if she asks why, tell her you miss her cooking but you also wanna make sure she doesn't add that burden so you'll rather do it. And your mother-in-law can help with other things around the house.
    • 194 posts
    December 6, 2016 8:23 AM CET

Its not a bad thing to have your mother in law around to help out. Since she isnt getting it right in the area of cooking, talk to your wife about it.

She should use wisdom in telling her mother how the food should be cooked. Since its her mother i dont think they should be an issue.

People cook same things differently. She would just tell her mother how she cooks for you.

And when you are less busy, you can decide to do the cooking yourself and suggest that you are just helping around.