Forums » Men's Forum

Should I go ahead?

• 867 posts
    December 5, 2016 6:23 AM CET
    We have fixed our wedding date.
    We have informed people.
    We have prayed, fasted, done everything we know how to do.
    But as the day is approaching, there is fear in us, because there is no money.
    Our budget is in the millions, we don't even have cash in the thousands.

My ex heads a financial institution.
    I'm thinking of borrowing some money from her.
    I know she has the money, and I know she'll give me.

I've not discussed with my fiancée though.
    Should I go ahead?
    • 35 posts
    December 5, 2016 12:13 PM CET
    I think you know the answer to this question. It's the same reason, you're coming to ask, it's the exact reason you haven't asked your fiancé. The answer is NO! So many factors here: 1.) Why are you trying to help God? Is that maybe a reason He hasn't come through? Because you don't believe He'll do it? 2.) Why are you trying to elongate your history with your ex? You're done with that part of your life, why make it a center of your life again? What if you can't pay back? There's no point opening up any source of dialogue with her. Focus on God....He'll supply ALL your needs according to HIS riches, not your riches.
  • December 5, 2016 8:08 PM CET
    Just to add to what Mummy has said...
    "Father, whatever you cannot give me, may I never have it!" The first time I heard this statement, it was hard for me to swallow. But I have realised that God unfailingly comes true for His children that look up to ONLY Him. Psalm 62:5.
    You should try God. He never fails, and I'm sure He is not going to start with you.
    • 194 posts
    December 6, 2016 8:36 AM CET

1. Ensure your budget is realistic not extravagant

2. FEAR NOT! Agree with your fiancee, take words with you and declare them everyday. Speak over the budget. Call those items forth in the spirit into the physical. FEAR NOT! Surrender absolutely and watch God do his works.

3. Listen to the spirit og God for practical steps and direction. If God tells you to do it then Go ahead.

• 8 posts
    January 7, 2017 8:11 AM CET
    The bible says "the Lord shall supply all my NEEDS according to His riches in glory" lay all your needs before God, He honors His word more than His name. He will bring you an 11th hour miracle. Leave ur ex alone, that phase is over, it will only mar ur marriage later. God bless