Forums » Men's Forum

My fiancée is too lousy!

• 867 posts
    January 11, 2017 6:29 AM CET
    My fiancée is too lousy. Her mouth runs faster than her brain I must admit. She is a sanguine.

On few occasions, I've had to correct her with few slaps and light beating, for embarrassing me publicly.

I recently met a friend who said it's wrong to lay hands on a lady and that left me a little confused.

What practical ways can one employ to curtail a ladys excesses?
  • January 11, 2017 8:40 AM CET
    Indeed it's wrong to lay hands on a woman, whatever her excesses as you said. Sit her down,talk to her about it and then proceed to observe if there will be changes. Pray about it too. If there are still no changes after that and you consider this habit a deal breaker,then by all means let her go
    • 35 posts
    January 11, 2017 12:27 PM CET
    Really?! You call her a lady, yet you treat her like a child! Smh. I'm here wondering why she's still with you because with her "bad" qualities, she sure deserves someone waaaayyyy better than you, an woman beating egomaniac! Yes that's what you are. Didn't you see her as a sanguine before you decided to date her? You did, yet you went ahead and now you're busy smacking her like she's your child!
    1.) Go and ask God for forgiveness and hope this doesn't catch up with you.
    2.) Go and ask for forgiveness from your "fiancé".
    3.) Go and search your heart to see if you truly love her, because if you do, you would only think of what's best for her. Or how would you feel if another guy hits her? You should be angry and pained, same should apply when you hit her!
    4.) Look at yourself, be aware of your shortcomings too so you won't be soooo deeply focused on hers. The Bible said to remove the log in your eyes first.
    5.) Then find a gentle and respectful way of saying it.
    Good luck with being a better person/friend/fiancé!
    • 2 posts
    January 12, 2017 4:06 PM CET
    This post just got me sad...what kind of 'embarrassment ' would require the thought of even a slap sef? And u just recently knew it is wrong to beat a lady? I think you should have a long discussion with her where you would apologize and then talk about the way forward....