Forums » KHC Inspiration

DON’T BE AFRAID TO START OVER

• 3 posts
    February 21, 2017 4:38 PM CET
    Every afternoon I walked down the road in the scorching sun to my favorite spot to get delicious crispy chips with chilly garnished with well chopped onions and fried fish.
    Somehow I had become addicted to fried yam that I eat it for lunch almost every afternoon. This fateful noon at about 1:50pm I went straight to grab lunch.
    Ma, as I fondly call the yam seller, “you starved me yesterday” I told her. Then she said “I’m sorry I couldn’t make it yesterday. I had travelled to my hometown over the weekend and upon my return on Sunday night, my home had been ransacked and all my savings were gone. I had no money at all to buy the needed ingredients.”
    Just then I felt like a sinking sea in the middle of an ocean. Her life savings were gone. She has to start all over. I was pained. All the same, I didn’t lose my appetite. She blended the pepper and tomatoes with some natural spices in earthenware which gave it that local irresistible taste.
    I’m sharingthis story because of her will. The will to start all over. She was not held back by her situation. She did not give up on herself. I was moved by her thought when she said “I had four tubers of yam so I had to borrow a little money to buy oil and other things and that is why I’m here today. I’m sorry I starved you yesterday.”
    I smiled as I told her to serve me the usual, even though I was disheartened, I knew she’s got “Never give up” attitude. She was knocked down yet she chose to rise. Life frowned at her but she smiled back. The storm raged but she stood still. She didn’t give up. She tried after failure. She is still in business.
    Do you still think you have a reason not to try again?
    Be inspired. Be encouraged. Be persistent on your dream. Keep on believing.
    • 10 posts
    February 22, 2017 8:07 AM CET
    Great piece.