Forums » Pearl's Cafe

CORPER SHUN!!! Episode 5

• 199 posts
    January 17, 2015 12:44 AM CET

Story so far

Episode One

My name is Aderinmola Adeyosola (Not real name), I'm in my late twenties, I am the only child of my parents. I am 5ft 3inches tall, fair in complexion with a perfect figure 8 shape. I'm friendly, playful and wild in my imagination. To a large extent I'm adventurous in a quiet way, generally I'm reserved, I could be quiet but I'm gentle. The story I'm about to share with you happened a few years back when I was quite young and Naïve.

I had been numbering my days since 8th October when I went to school to collect my call-up letter for my NYSC. I was posted to Lagos and I was quite excited about that.

Episode Two

I bumped into the college officer, Mr. Gbolahan. Mr. Gbolahan popularly known and called Mr. Gb was tall, dark and handsome. He smiled always. He was a very friendly man who enjoyed seeing Shaye and I together.

Shaye was my boyfriend in school we were very fond of each other. Mr. Gb had known Shaye before he got into school but he knew me when I was a Jambite during registration and we became friends over the years.

Episode Three

I remembered when Shaye and I first met. I was a Broadcast/Journalism Student in 200level. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon at the Obafemi Awolowo University Library, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.

Immediately, I was sent to the fantasy world. He was a tall, fair and handsome guy, he had lovely brown piercing eyes, his smile exposed his perfectly arranged white teeth, with a pencil lined gap tooth that rested gently on his lower pink lip. I was carried away in split seconds and I was jolted back to reality almost immediately.

Episode Four

While we talked in the library, I noticed Shaye's gentle manly nature. I thought he was of mixed race but to my surprise, he had never boarded a plane to travel within the country not to mention travelling abroad or be born there. Both his parents are full Nigerians but his paternal grand dad was born in United States.

As I turned to leave, Shaye held my wrist and whispered “I'll like to see you again.” The butterflies in my stomach flew around rapidly, I just had to act really composed outside.

Anna and I immediately rushed out, though quietly downstairs to start our assignments. I felt a few eyes following us but did not bother to look around to avoid further embarrassment.

For full story of each episode, please see right hand corner of Pearl's Cafe on former KHC platform. Thank You.

Episode 5

...continued from last episode

We arrived at the ground floor as quickly as possible, Annabel already picked a space for us at the corner of the room where some of our course mates were gathered too, so she led the way and we sat down. The number of students on the ground floor had increased within the space of one hour we got there. I did not know I had spent much time on the first floor, no wonder Anna came upstairs to look for me, she must have wondered what happened to me.

For the next few minutes, I found it very difficult to focus; every thing Anna said to me those few minutes sounded like echo. All I saw was Shaye's smile, all I heard while Anna spoke was Shaye’s calm yet masculine voice, all I felt when Anna tapped me was Shaye’s strong palm when he held my wrist when Anna and I were about to leave. All I saw was Shaye. Then, suddenly, I interrupted Annabel.

Bel” I said, as I called her occasionally, “I think I’m in love” I said quietly looking her straight in the eyes.

I could see the shock written all over Annabel. Her eyes widened like they would pop out that moment, her jaw dropped like she had seen a ghost and slowly she used the back of her hand to touch my neck to feel my temperature and said “Babe, you well so?” This meant “Babe, Are you well?”

Do I look like I’m not well?” I asked giving her a serious look.

Anna spent some part of her life in the Niger Delta region which is South-South part of Nigeria, so she sometimes exhibited their characteristics which one of them is Pidgin English also known as broken English in Nigeria. This kind of English Language is not spoken like general English Language.

Shuu? So o all d talk talk wey I don do, shin shin no enter your ear? Chai! My friend don miss road o” she said as she shook her head. This meant “So, you did not hear a single word from all I said? My friend has lost focus”

Bel, to be honest, no, I didn’t hear a single word. My mind has been on that guy.” Annabel gave me a funny look to question if I was for real.

I'm serious, that guy took me off balance. I have not been able to focus since we came here” I said.

She wanted to laugh but when she looked at me again, she knew I was serious.

She just smiled, held my hand and said “Ok, I've heard you, we'll talk about it later tonight, for now, we haveNews Writing and Reporting Assignment, which is the main reason our parents sent us here, so, let's deal with that first. Ok?”

Ok” I answered like a child. Then she responded sarcastically to tease me

My friend Derin is in love” and she laughed. I just ignored her and we continued with our work.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at January 17, 2015 7:50 AM CET
    • 8 posts
    January 17, 2015 6:54 AM CET
    An interesting story, looking 4ward to d next episode. Thumbs up dear Adebola A.
  • January 17, 2015 2:11 PM CET

Looking forward to the end part of the storey Maam! God bless you real good and the Dunamis family as a whole!