Forums » Health,Safety and Environment

Beyond Computers

• 9 posts
    February 27, 2017 9:11 AM CET
    BEYOND COMPUTERS.
    Hello there, this is Goke Akingbade (your Safety Guide) bringing you another interesting topic. We will be considering the effects of using computers to one’s health.
    Most office workers usually spend one-third of their day in front of a computer. When such a person stays in a fixed position for a long time, the individual experiences fatigue, eyestrain and low back pains.
    These three listed bodily pains are referred to as work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs). Work-related musculoskeletal disorders are associated with workstations and work done on the computer. This is the more reason one has to look beyond just considering the computer in terms of one’s workstation.
    Here are some tips on how to make your workstation less prone to WMSDs:
    Consider the entire workstation and not just your chair, look at the seating. The seating ought to following characteristics: (a) Adjustable seat with height and which can be tilted. (b)Adjustable back rest with height, angle and depth. (c) Adjustable arms with height, width, angle and five legs for support
    Electrical cords should be secured and away from the feet and walk spaces so as to prevent anyone tripping on the cord.
    It is very important that electrical equipment be shut down at the end of the workday.
    Avoid unnecessary lighting entering into the room and affecting the worker, this can be due to window effects such as window blinds, curtains and glass treatment. Just ensure that you position work away from windows and direct lights
    Relocate printers and copiers away from inside offices where people work in. Printers and copiers should have their own separate location.
    As regards filing files into cabinets, heavy file loads should be at bottom level not on top.
    Lighter loads should be in the top drawers of file cabinet.
    No load should be on top of file cabinet.
    Ensure that your work habits while at your desk also reduces your being prone to WMSDs.
    In line with the above, ensure that you keep the items that you frequently use close at hand
    Organize equipment to fit the work process and needs
    Take breaks and move about
    Schedule short tasks such as filing between in-depth computing tasks
    Keep trash cans, brief cases , bags and boxes out of walkways
    I believe with these tips, you will be able to keep yourself free from less risk of experiencing WMSDs.
    So till I come your way again. This is Olamigoke Akingbade wishing you a Blessed and fruitful day.
    • 1 posts
    November 23, 2021 12:34 PM CET
    For those who want to write a good assignment with rich contents, I have the perfect platform for you. It is called the platform https://www.bestdissertations.com/phd-dissertation-writing.php which is a very good platform honestly speaking. You will learn a lot of new things through this.
    This post was edited by Birdena jack at November 23, 2021 12:35 PM CET
    • 15 posts
    January 22, 2022 2:24 PM CET
    This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. perfect ten singpapore
    • 15 posts
    January 23, 2022 4:31 PM CET
    It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. Normanton Park
    • 6 posts
    February 3, 2022 8:33 AM CET
    Jaa Lifestyle Login at JAALifestyle.com – JAA Lifestyle is a one-of-a-kind money making website with its roots in the United Kingdom.  jaa lifestyle login The jaa lifestyle's networking system is rather simple. The jaa lifestyle login page, in essence, allows you to log in using your credentials. aa Lifestyle is a very simple networking scheme, which offers a variety of plans to users. According to my information, it gives users money.
    • 15 posts
    February 26, 2022 12:47 PM CET
    This is such a nice useful resource that you are supplying and also you meet the price of it away for forgive. I hero reward seeing websites that take at the value of supplying a setting useful resource for set wandering. it’s far the primeval what goes on the order of comes almost about recurring. Digital Global Times
    • 6 posts
    March 19, 2022 8:54 AM CET
    I  genuinely enjoy  looking through  on this  web site , it  holds   superb   articles . Cyber X Gaming
    • 6 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:59 PM CEST
    I recognize there is certainly a great deal of spam on this blog.  Do you want help cleansing them up?  I may help in between classes! jago 33 slot
    • 2 posts
    April 18, 2022 10:10 PM CEST
    Every year, thousands of customers around the world choose MaroCar for a cheap car hire in Morocco. The platform operates in the main cities of the kingdom (Casablanca, Marrakech, Tangiers, Rabat ...) and delivers its cars to the address of your choice or directly to the main airports in the country. Digital Global Times
    • 1 posts
    May 7, 2022 1:14 PM CEST
    On this forum, someone is talking about How mobile game animation makes you excel, so if you think this can be what you will like then we will like to know and explore more about it. You all can see and explore more details about https://mobilunity.com/blog/creative-staffing-agencies-in-it/ these can be what there are many in need will be able to talk through as that can be was good enough source for us.
    • 6 posts
    May 9, 2022 9:12 AM CEST
    Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your website in internet explorer, could check this… IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a large section of other folks will miss your magnificent writing due to this problem. jago 33 slot
    • 6 posts
    May 23, 2022 10:45 AM CEST
    Thanks  for some other great post. Where else may just anyone get that type of info in such an ideal means of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the search for such info. jago 33 slot
    • 15 posts
    June 5, 2022 3:52 PM CEST
    Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. lenny face
    • 15 posts
    June 5, 2022 3:52 PM CEST
    Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. lenny face
    • 6 posts
    June 7, 2022 2:44 PM CEST
    *An intriguing discussion will be worth comment. I believe that you can write read more about this topic, may well certainly be a taboo subject but usually folks are inadequate to chat on such topics. To a higher. Cheers 16 Seater Taxi Hire

This post was edited by Alex Corner at July 5, 2022 11:29 AM CEST