Forums » Insights For Living With Poju Oyemade

Poju Oyemade - What Faith Is Not

• April 29, 2017 8:47 AM CEST
    I just read someone say this "I have no proof for what am saying but I believe this is what happened" and I thought to myself, how do you believe something where there is no evidence to support what you are saying?

Many think this is what Faith is, a blind rugged belief that God will do something on their behalf. They think if they can bring themselves by constant repetition of certain statements into a place where they believe something has happened, it will then materialize.

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Faith stems out of evidence that has been provided by the Spirit through the word of God about the existence of something which hasn't yet been made apparent to the five physical senses.

Faith is not blind neither is it a mere conjecture, it is built on the facts presented in God's word. The secret therefore to strong faith is the opening of the eyes of your heart that you may see.

Our confession is simply testifying to what we have seen and heard. It is through our testimony of the unseen, speaking about is as we know it already exists that causes it to materialize.