Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 4

• 21 posts
    July 1, 2017 6:23 PM CEST
    This chapter is so filled with instructions for rightful living...

Proverbs 4!

- PROVERBS 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding :forsake it not, neither decline from the words of my mouth

- Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom : and with all thy getting get understanding ???? (getting wisdom is a prerequisite for unleashing understanding of the things)

AMP:Get skillful and godly Wisdom, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation); do not forget and do not turn back from the words of my mouth.

- Verse 5 teaches me the zero tolerance God has for foolishness

- I just have to be wise... Physically, spiritually and every....lly

- Stick to God's instructions, avoid the ways of evildoers and you'll do just fine

- Avoid crooked speech and crooked actions and keep ur eyes and feet set straight on the path of righteousness (the devil can use those stuffs to cause you to sin)

- Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are issues of life..verse 23 (whatever character, attitudes or actions that is put up for display has the initial deposit in the heart before it is on the open show)

- Forsake not God's law in verse 2????(cos if we do, then we begin to live in error)

- Don't try to live without God. Acknowledge God & his role in ur life (living without God is like living without Oxygen

- There is safety in God's wisdom according to proverbs 4:6

- We get wisdom by praying and constant studying of God's word

- We'll live long and strong if we abide in his word. In verse 10

- God's instructions is the key to life in verse 13

- Do not set ur foot in path of the wicked or walk in d way of the evil men

- Choose ur friends wisely in verse 16&17 (your relationship with others goes a long way in your decision making)

- The path of the just is as the shinning light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day

- Darkness is the way of the wicked

- We must pay attention to God's word as his children & listen carefully to his word

- We must watch our mouth as God's children in verse 24 (I.E watching what we say and utter as Christians)

- Lastly be Focused

I Pray We'll receive a father's instructions, gain understanding for our own lives, apply for God's word which is wisdom, walk in love, live in accordance with God's law, apply his principles and live the life he desire of us, in Jesus Name! Amen

#ShalomSaints
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at July 1, 2017 6:24 PM CEST