Forums » Insights For Living With Poju Oyemade

Poju Oyemade - The Foundation For Performance

• July 7, 2017 9:09 AM CEST

The rest of faith, Grace manifested in work, the foundation for performance.

The place of rest described in Hebrews 3 & 4 as a promise being left us is not a place of inactivity because of the finished works of Christ. The actual definition reads this way "Christ's rest is not a rest from work but in work". One could use the act of praying as a practical example to describe what this means.

To enter into rest is not to cease from praying but to find absolute rest in prayer where prayer is no longer a laborious thing but one finds himself or herself praying for 3hours and it seems like ten mins. One has entered into rest in work.

It is further defined as "not a rest of inactivity but of the harmonious working of all the faculties and affections - of will, heart, imagination, conscience because each has found in God the ideal sphere for its satisfaction and development"
    So we don't become inactive because of what Christ has done for us rather we very active but what that drives are activity is called grace.
    Paul said

1 Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me"

Paul wasn't inactive because of the finished works, in fact, he was very active but if you met him and saw the amount of work that was being done through him, you would have found it unimaginable that all that could be done through one man and in addition to that you would have seen a calm fellow one who was in perfect peace not showing any strain from the work that was being done.
    Paul said to the church at Galatia "I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain"(Gal 4:11)
    The word labour there means to toil so we can see that the teacher of redemption was not in the least inactive in life.

The definition further stipulates that when a person has entered into this rest, there is a harmonious working of all their faculties and affections. This means one has gone beyond submitting one's will to God to the place where one's will, affections, imaginations, and thoughts are now in harmony with God's. It beyond submission it's now a union. It is beyond a surrender its now Him manifesting Himself in and through you.

It starts with me seeing God's will on a matter and I choose to submit to that but then that leads to a place where by the workings of the Spirit in me, my will is now completely united with His.

How does this happen? Paul said through the High Priestly ministry of Christ. As we hold fast our confession regardless of appearances and constantly come to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy and find grace in the time of need, His grace will work in us and bring our souls into that place of rest.

Hebrews 4.
    11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
    12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
    14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
    15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
    16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.