Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 9

• 867 posts
    July 9, 2017 6:49 AM CEST
    The Bible tells us that *Jesus is the wisdom of God*. I'd like us to see Jesus anywhere the word wisdom is used....

We see the *savior's love*, he prepares a feast, and comes himself to invite us to it. Sending his servants would have sufficed.. But He decided to come Himself

Proverbs 9:10 KJV
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Only those who fear the Lord would experience wisdom and be wise

Vs 11, For by me *(wisdom = Jesus)* thy days shall be multiplied,
    and the years of thy life shall be increased.

Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser; teach a righteous man (one upright and in right standing with God) and he will increase in learning. Verse 9 backs up the Yoruba saying that " abo oro to fun omoluabi" that is ...wisdom attracts knowledge, if you correct a wise one he will yet be more wiser cos there's a spring of knowledge in him

True.....Makes wisdom's invitation worth accepting

Vs 4 - 5: Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him
    5. Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled
    Vs 16 - 17: Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him
    17. Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant

Do we notice that the call of wisdom and folly in verse 4 and 16 are the same... Word for word??

As I've said earlier, I want us to interchange wisdom with Jesus, and definitely folly to signify the devil since he stands against and opposes everything Christ

The call is the same but the offers a re different

MSG translation of 4 and 16 says _"Are you confused about life, don't know what's going on? Come with me, oh come, have dinner with me! "_

Verse 5 and 17. Yes they are

The offer of folly is stolen and perverted..... That's the number one point on devil's 3 point agenda.....To steal

Whereas wisdom can boast of the originality of what it has to offer

Wisdom gives us from her own Folly offers us the enjoyment of what is stolen

In summary, today we've learnt that

1. Those that fear the Lord will experience and walk in the manifestation of wisdom. Vs 10

2.wisdom gives longevity Vs 11

3. Instructions makes a wise man wiser, so we should learn to take instructions, they are for our own good,

4.wisdom and folly's call starts the same way. They call out to the same audience, but each have different things to offer.

Prayers: Thank you Father for what you've taught us today.

Help us to be doers of what we've learnt today.

To those that would have loved to be online, but because of Low Battery or lack of data, receive light and provision.

In Jesus name

*I want to encourage each one of us to participate, let tomorrow's turn out be better*

Thanks, have a great service

Happy Sunday!