Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 11

• 867 posts
    July 11, 2017 9:20 PM CEST
    What did Proverbs 11 teach us?

Proverbs 11:11-12 KJV
    By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked. [12] He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

The blessings of the upright? Please I beg of you. If we're truly God's people, let's stay void of curses over our nation

Our words are like the key to the country's victory

24-26 encourages giving. Recession doesn't change the principle so no excuse

Proverbs 11:11MSG When right-living people bless the city, it flourishes; evil talk turns it into a ghost town in no time.
    Proverbs 11:1 (KJV) A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.

Don't cheat, no matter the pressure.
    Don't add an extra zero

Proverbs 1:23 About face! I can revise your life. Look, I'm ready to pour out my spirit on you; I'm ready to tell you all I know.

Proverbs 1:24 As it is, I've called, but you've turned a deaf ear; I've reached out to you, but you've ignored me

Why are people so adamant in accepting Christ?

Proverbs 11:14 (KJV) Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Before you take that decision, seek counsel.
    Before you ask her out or reply his manifesto, seek counsel

Proverbs 11:15 (KJV) He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.

This is the verse Rev was talking about

Give more, receive more

Proverbs 1:14 (MSG) Join us for the time of your life! With us, it's share and share alike!" -
    Despite the fact that some have the luxury of counselors, and after seeking them, they stake exclusive blunders?

Proverbs 11:22 (KJV) As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

Fine geh, no sense.
    Chai!

Beauty is vain true true o????

There is so much benefit in being righteous; protection, guidance, deliverance as we see from verse 3-11

Proverbs 11:22 MSG Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful face on an empty head.

Proverbs 11:31 (KJV) Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth:

Righteousness pays.
    It may take time, but it will pay off in the long run.
    The kingdom of God is in righteousness....

Judgement as it were is not just a result to be handed in the after life it starts here........Verse 31

Proverbs 11:31 MSG If good people barely make it, what's in store for the bad!

Like play like play, the verse 11 strike me

Then my very unique part, verse 16a so long as Glory remains gracious she retains honor

Proverbs 11:11 When right-living people bless the city, it flourishes; evil talk turns it into a ghost town in no time.
    Proverbs 11:14 Without good direction, people lose their way; the more wise counsel you follow, the better your chances.
    Proverbs 11:23 The desires of good people lead straight to the best, but wicked ambition ends in angry frustration.

The people we surround ourselves with matters in life's journey

Verse 15; uncle and aunty surety beware.......Good Samaritan is different from strange deal o

If our thoughts are nothing but bad, it's dangerous

*Challenge:* Speak a word of prophesy over your life, family and the nation today!

Let me start
    - Nigeria hear me! Be ye fruitful and enjoy progress
    - I will eat the good of this land!
    Nigeria will be great again!
    - It is well with Nigeria!
    - I also will eat the good of this land

Nigeria is the blessed of the Lord and she is exalted in righteousness

Prayers: Father we thank you for another time to study together.
    We ask that you help us devote more time to the study of your word in Jesus name