Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 14

• 21 posts
    July 18, 2017 8:41 PM CEST
    What have we been able to learn about chapter 14?

So many things

My first lesson is the very first verse

Lady Wisdom builds a lovely home; Sir Fool comes along and tears it down brick by brick.

I choose wisdom over folly. Folly always tears down things. Bit by Bit

Wisdom is profitable.. And so is walking with people who have wisdom

I saw in verse 19 that the righteous is naturally and supernaturally ahead

Anyway that doesn't involve God can only "seem" right it is never right.....Verse 12

In as much as we have abundance in God, it should never be a tool of oppression........Verse 31

Proverbs 14:12 KJV
    There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 14:34-35 KJV
    Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. [35] The king's favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.

Talk is cheap, finding something to do is profitable.....Verse 23

Proverbs 14:3 Frivolous talk provokes a derisive smile; wise speech evokes nothing but respect.

Proverbs 14:22 Isn't it obvious that conspirators lose out, while the thoughtful win love and trust?
    Proverbs 14:27 The Fear-of-God is a spring of living water so you won't go off drinking from poisoned wells.
    Proverbs 14:29 Slowness to anger makes for deep understanding; a quick-tempered person stockpiles stupidity.
    Proverbs 14:31 You insult your Maker when you exploit the powerless; when you're kind to the poor, you honor God.
    Proverbs 14:34 God-devotion makes a country strong; God-avoidance leaves people weak.
    Proverbs 14:35 Diligent work gets a warm commendation; shiftless work earns an angry rebuke.

Verses 17 & 29 is a check on temper issues

Verse 31. An insult to the poor is an insult to God Almighty

Verse 3 makes me know that.... "After giving my life to Christ, my speech function must change

Proverbs 14:12 There's a way of life that looks harmless enough; look again - it leads straight to hell.
    Proverbs 14:13 Sure, those people appear to be having a good time, but all that laughter will end in heartbreak. Sift and Weigh Every Word
    Proverbs 14:30 A sound mind makes for a robust body, but runaway emotions corrode the bones.
    Proverbs 14:32 The evil of bad people leaves them out in the cold; the integrity of good people creates a safe place for living.

Verse 26 and 27 is so pacifying..... What an assurance!

Now I know why some people are fat ????????

Verse 30 is a good icon for good health

Our works would be of an inheritance for us and a legacy for our children verse 32

Prayers: Father we thank you for your word tonight.
    Cause it to become flesh in us in Jesus name.. Amen!
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at July 18, 2017 8:43 PM CEST
    • 21 posts
    July 19, 2017 12:22 PM CEST
    Glory