Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 16

• 21 posts
    July 27, 2017 7:52 AM CEST
    Question: From what view of life did we find chapter 16 of Proverbs?

Proverbs 16:1-5 KJV
    The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord . [2] All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the Lord weigheth the spirits. [3] Commit thy works unto the Lord , and thy thoughts shall be established. [4] The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. [5] Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord : though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

Today I must be sincere... Not those who are constantly in communication with the Lord can do well to commit their works unto his hands

- Only an impaired vision of the Spirit would consider the ways of the flesh right and justifiable. Verse 2

I can split verse one and say
    Verse 1a The preparations of the heart in man
    Verse 1b.. And the answer of the tongue is from the Lord

- Who knows how the heart prepares to pump 40k liters of blood per day? I bet no one

- God's intensity to his creation is beyond the diversity in his creation

Message Translation
    Proverbs 16:1 Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.
    Proverbs 16:4 God made everything with a place and purpose; even the wicked are included - but for judgment.
    Proverbs 16:6 Guilt is banished through love and truth; Fear-of-God deflects evil.
    Proverbs 16:7 When God approves of your life, even your enemies will end up shaking your hand.
    Proverbs 16:9 We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it. It Pays to Take Life Seriously
    Proverbs 16:11 God cares about honesty in the workplace; your business is his business.
    Proverbs 16:13 Good leaders cultivate honest speech; they love advisors who tell them the truth.

- If we want to enjoy the true benefit of leading people, then we must be ready to help those we're leading enjoy our leadership

- Simple as it sounds and difficult as it seems gives us a visual advantage when we put God as the number 1

- Let me just list a few characteristics of a good leader

I. A leader is a listener, an helper, correct, specimen of truth, knowledgeable personnel, practical personality, visionary, etc

- But one very good thing about a bad leader is that; He's a good destroyer

- Getting a deep understanding of this chapter, I suggest we read the Message Translation. It was like the Bible has never spoke of leadership until this chapter

Proverbs 16:28 Troublemakers start fights; gossips break up friendships.
    Proverbs 16:29 Calloused climbers betray their very own friends; they'd stab their own grandmothers in the back.
    Proverbs 16:30 A shifty eye betrays an evil intention; a clenched jaw signals trouble ahead.
    Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a mark of distinction, the award for a God-loyal life.
    Proverbs 16:32 Moderation is better than muscle, self-control better than political power.
    Proverbs 16:33 Make your motions and cast your votes, but God has the final say.

Verse 31 A God-loyal life? Mehn I need that award. And if I must get it, I have to work for it

Moderation is better than 12 packs and figure mermaid......32

- 32. Self control to the flesh and things of the flesh is better than political power. Hmm... So I can control the move of corruption from the comfort of my home

- If God talk say I no go win the election it's better I don't even launch for the slot cos it's a waste of time

- Even if the world votes me and God says *No* even the strongest law cannot stop it

- We can crumble the structures, truncate the movement and disapprove its ability! I have the power to stop corruption in Nigeria. You can too..

One with God is Majority!

Let's take the next 5 minutes to pray for our leaders.

- Let's ask for God's wisdom to help build a better nation. And our leaders in the church too for unprecedented understanding to balance wisdom and zeal with instructions..... #Prayers

Our leaders have a heart of flesh and they do God's bidding by default, ultimately they see the fourth man in the fire and they are changed in Jesus name! Amen #Prayers

- Morally and Spiritually we're moving towards God's bidding and instructions.

- The evil in the heart of Nigerians is confounded and the right spirit is renewed in us in Jesus Name. Amen!

- May the Lord Almighty give us a deeper understanding to his words and instructions. I'm desperately praying that he opens my eyes too.

Prayers: Thank you Jesus for the light from the entrance of your word tonight, cause our hearts to continually be illuminated by it in Jesus name. Amen
    This post was edited by Joshua Temiloluwa Oguntegbe at July 27, 2017 7:56 AM CEST