Forums » Proverbs - Review

Proverbs Chapter 24

• 21 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:32 PM CEST
    Proverbs 24:1 Don't envy bad people; don't even want to be around them.
    Proverbs 24:2 All they think about is causing a disturbance; all they talk about is making trouble.
    Proverbs 24:3 It takes wisdom to build a house, and understanding to set it on a firm foundation;
    Proverbs 24:4 It takes knowledge to furnish its rooms with fine furniture and beautiful draperies.

Wisdom and Understanding are major characters a Christian must possess

What did these chapter tell us about our daily living?

It talks about how a house (a life, home, family) is built by wisdom
    Established by understanding
    Furnished by knowledge

So without those three sisters of Destiny, a 'house' would be in disarray.

I'd say this chapter talks about my friendship. "Select your friends don't let friends select you. There is an opportunity to say *Yes or No* to anyone who wishes to make you a friend.

Not all invitations are acceptable and honorable. Some are equal to disregard and dishonor

I learnt from this chapter that still, our power of choice still takes a valid role in rightful relationships

Proverbs 24:6 Strategic planning is the key to warfare; to win, you need a lot of good counsel.
    Proverbs 24:7 Wise conversation is way over the head of fools; in a serious discussion they haven't a clue.
    Proverbs 24:8 The person who's always cooking up some evil soon gets a reputation as prince of rogues.
    Proverbs 24:11 Rescue the perishing; don't hesitate to step in and help.
    Proverbs 24:12 If you say, "Hey, that's none of my business," will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know - Someone not impressed with weak excuses.

Whoever we have the capacity to help, please don't hesitate to do so. There's always a reward for an unrelenting helper!

Remember our help is a seed and when the harvest comes we might likely have forgotten the seed sown*

Reminds me of Namaan and that maid..... *Never look down on people, their most foolish contributions can be the only solution to our issues*

I still wonder. What are they planning if it's not evil?

Power is not always the solution. Most times wisdom is

Proverbs 24:16 No matter how many times you trip them up, God-loyal people don't stay down long; Soon they're up on their feet, while the wicked end up flat on their faces.
    Proverbs 24:17 Don't laugh when your enemy falls; don't crow over his collapse.
    Proverbs 24:18 God might see, and become very provoked, and then take pity on his plight.

No fall is worth giving up to! No matter how much we fall, getting the crown should be another encouraging moment to rise again

Verse 17 and 18 teaches that we should not rejoice when our enemy falls and if we do there might be a turn of table.

Can you imagine that
    If we rejoice in their fall, God can use it to confound us. Cos his love is too great that he loves the person but hates the sin

Proverbs 24:30 One day I walked by the field of an old lazybones, and then passed the vineyard of a lout;
    Proverbs 24:31 They were overgrown with weeds, thick with thistles, all the fences broken down.
    Proverbs 24:32 I took a long look and pondered what I saw; the fields preached me a sermon and I listened:
    Proverbs 24:33 "A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy - do you know what comes next?
    Proverbs 24:34 Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, with poverty as your permanent houseguest!"

Verse 21 warns us to fear the Lord and king and not join the rebellious officials while verse 22 tells us the reason which is that the rebellious ones shall be punished by the LORD and KING

Verse 30-32 is not only talking about the lazy farmers but also to spiritual lazy folks

Have we ever wondered why the idle heart is the devils workshop?

If we don't continually prune the field of our heart with the word of God by studying and praying, the devil would grow thoughts (weeds) and once the weeds overpower the plants itself, then there is a default. And that is how we sin

Proverbs 24:23 It's wrong, very wrong, to go along with injustice.
    Proverbs 24:26 An honest answer is like a warm hug.
    Proverbs 24:27 First plant your fields; then build your barn.

Prayers: Thank you for the words you've inscribed on our hearts tonight. Thank you Lord for your help to always please you. Jesus Son of God we pray that you'd help us continue to work and walk in your ways. Help us to always renew our mind and place our hearts as loving sacrifice before you. In Jesus Name I pray........ Amen!