Forums » Singles' Discussion

Quiet wedding versus an elaborate wedding.

• January 20, 2015 6:52 AM CET

My fiance wants a quiet wedding while I have always wanted an elaborate wedding. It hurts so much that he doesnt want to make me happy. What can i do to convince him?

• 44 posts
    January 20, 2015 9:48 AM CET

Check out my version of what your fiance may be saying " My fiancee wants an elaborate wedding while I have wanted a quiet wedding. it hurts so much that she doesn't want to make me happy. What can I do to convince her?""

My advise: It will be very selfish of both of you to demand that your own type of wedding should be done. Both of you should have a discussion on this matter and elighten each other on the reason of your choice. After all the discussion,  you both need to come to a compromise,  you may need to come a bit down while your fiancee a little up  and resolve to have a moderate wedding. Having a moderate wedding will give both of you a WIN-WIN feeling.

Marriage is about compromising to make your spouse happy. The only time when compromise is not allowed in marriage is when it goes against the will and word of God.

• January 20, 2015 3:51 PM CET

I agreed with you Blesses Babe. You guys need to come to a term, agreed and conclude what kind it would latter be since you both is having differnt opinion before. May God help you both! Shalom!!!

• 4 posts
    January 21, 2015 12:11 AM CET
    I want to believe ur fiance has his personal reasons(and I don't mean financial constraints) why he wants to go low key with the wedding. Why not sit him down n ask him?
    I also believe we shd ALL seek God's face before engaging in wedding plans as not all persons are destined for elaborate weddings so as to preserve their glorious destiny. A word is enough for the wise.
    • 10 posts
    January 21, 2015 10:01 AM CET

one need to pray before embarking on anything in life.... maybe ur fiance has prayed over it or he has been warned not to alaborate it and our destiny is totally differ who know know maybe hes not the lousy type you guys needs to come to an agreement so as not to regret it later in life.

• 2 posts
    January 21, 2015 5:44 PM CET

If I were you I'd let him be the husband from the beginning. The question is: will you be ok if he goes elaborate only to tell you at home, after the wedding, that the family can't feed? Ofcourse, NO! He is the one marrying you, let him marry you the best way he can as long as it isn't going contrary to divine principle.

• 16 posts
    January 29, 2015 7:31 AM CET
    Well, I believe l you two can meet halfway. Two cannot walk together unless they agree. Depending on your budget. It's my firm belief that the Lord wants us to be modest not overly extravagant. Place a realistic budget and work on it. No point investing in a wedding with nothing for the marriage.