Forums » Sophia's Forum

Wives in the Bible - Zipporah, Moses' Wife.

• 93 posts
    April 10, 2015 7:44 AM CEST

Mrs Zipporah Moses was probably a choleric and the first of 7 daughters of Pa Reul, no mention at all of her mum, so it's safe to assume she is not around in that family, it could be through a separation, divorce or death. It could also be safe to assume Zipporah was either not mentored or wrongly mentored by her absentee mum. Because later in Ex.18, we understand Zipporah was not living with her husband. She simply could not cope being a wife.

Nothing was said of Zipporah's beauty or her support for her husband's ministry. Probably because she loved her father's business and it as being a comfort zone to her.  She could not choose to suffer the rigors of sticking it out with her husband.

She choose the comfort and pleasure of staying with daddy's wealth. She failed woefully at transiting from being dad's lady to the help meet to her husband. She seem to be a woman with strong will used to having her way and calling the shorts especially being the first born. Her choleric temperament also makes her very sharp tongued, decisive and opinionated.

Let's read Ex 4:24-26

24  And it came to pass on the way at the lodging-place, that Jehovah met him, and sought to kill him.
    25  Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
    26  So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

Mrs Zipporah's choleric temperament, her ability to take bold actions, prompt decisiveness and courage saved what would have being a devastating situation. Unlike Mr Moses who the bible described as the meekest man on earth.

Just try and imagine this couple, their combination. Moses most likely was a slow phlegmatic,  undecisive timid stammerer, hmmmm.

I could picture a smart, sharp, fast Zipporah getting pissed with 'this husband of hers'.

Couples remember, whatever attribute you have, you are not superior to your spouse, if not, your gifts could be a snare unto you to your destruction, if you don't learn to submit one to another in love.

God knows what he is doing, but only require that we walk with Him and obey His ways. Usually, God makes opposite attract for the purpose of complementing one another. Where your strength is, is your spouses' weakness so both of you could live interdependently, valuing and appreciating each other. But unfortunately, Mrs Zipporah did not value God's order. She thought she was smarter than God's order.

Mrs Zipporah was missing in the great calling of her husband. Her place was missing. Imagine all the great miracles she missed. Her impatience, arrogance and rebellion disqualified her from being the help meet of the greatest man who saw God face to face. She lost her opportunity, her place in destiny. Her name should have been a curriculum to be studied by women and men like Sarah, Abraham's wife. She choose rather to have her way.

Ladies, women and wives remember, your history is also been written by heaven. Your choices, decisions, actions are all been viewed by heaven, these are your story, your history. Are you going to allow strife, bitterness, unforgiveness, selfishness, sturrborness,

Sharp tongued, abusive, disobedience, slothful ness,etc steal your glorious destiny? Or are you going to walk in obedience to God and fulfill your destiny. Remember, Mr Moses fulfilled his purpose despite Mrs Zipporah's wrong attitude. Remember, whatever price you have to pay in doing it God's way is not greater than the glory and beauty that will come forth after your obedience.

Singles, doing it God's way will yield for you dividends beyond your greatest imagination. Remember whatever you do today is your story tomorrow. The question is, 'what story do you want to be told of you?' Selah

• April 13, 2015 2:33 PM CEST
    I need a private conversation with you ma.... How can I send u a private message
  • K T
    • 19 posts
    April 13, 2015 5:15 PM CEST

Ma, I can't but comment on this. Even though, I have studied the bible in relation to Moses' life, I have never been opened to this.

Thanks alot ma. More grace ma.

• April 15, 2015 10:02 AM CEST

This is wow!!!! Am SUPER BLESSED. God bless you ma.

Grow in wisdom maam. plenty love!

• June 11, 2015 10:05 PM CEST
    I really I'm blessed by this. I never knew anything about Zipporah until now. Thanks for this ma. God bless you and your ministry greatly.
    • 48 posts
    November 17, 2015 2:08 PM CET
    Mum this is a mind opener into the mariage life of moses. I have recieved a new revelation today. God bless you