Forums » Singles' Discussion

Convert to muslim religion first before marriage?

• April 11, 2015 7:47 AM CEST

My parents in-law to-be want me to convert to muslim religion first before marriage. I really love their daughter, but can I convert and then re-convert back to christianity after marriage?

• April 11, 2015 6:11 PM CEST
    If I'll pretend to understand U, this is an issue of "unequal yoke" Bros pls back off. except if U ar part of the school of thought that we're serving same God. Let me tell something about converting to and from Islam because I was Ismaila.(sure U knw what that implies)
    Converting from Islam means death. I mean the islamic law spells death to an apostate. so dont even think convertin to islam will ever give u d opprotunty to convert back except u want to spend d rest of ur life hidden.
    Moreso if u marry thier daughter as a Muslim & want to convert back to christian, if u life is spared, U'll loose ur wife. I live the rest to u
    • 7 posts
    April 25, 2015 1:20 PM CEST
    Our God is a jealous God and will never share his glory with anyone. This is not an issue u should not even consider. If u can convert 2 a religion just to b accepted and gain d approval of men, u'll do anything 4 man. God wants 2 be consistent and love him with all your heart without compromise. Thinking of pretense is even deceit which is also wrong. God excepts u 2 stick 2 him, worship him alone. U can't serve 2 masters. If u say u really love her, does God approve of it? Are u certain that's the person he wants u 2 be with? Did u hear God on this issue? Is she equally yoked?? These are questions u should ask yourself again. Seek God's direction and he'll lead u.
    • 20 posts
    May 5, 2015 12:27 PM CEST
    Firstly,if you marry that way,the marriage won't last,cos the foundation will be defective.
    Marriage/Relationship is STRICTLY for people who share thee same VALUES,BELIEFS & GOALS(VBGs). Anything short of this,will spell doom. If you are an atheist,marry an atheist. If you are a wizard,marry a witch. If you are Christian,marry a Christian. If you are a Muslim,marry a Muslim. It is not discrimination; it is about agreement in your Values,Beliefs,and Goals. Anything worth building,is worth building right. Anything you compromise to get,will not last. Marry right!

Secondly,marriage is for MATURE,INDEPENDENT PEOPLE- people who can stand for what they believe in no matter the opposition. If you can't do just this,you are not ready for marriage yet.

Recommended FREE DOWNLOADS:
    1. Who Should I Marry?,by Kingsley Okonkwo
    2. Marriage Miracles,by Kingsley/Mildred Okonkwo
    3. The Rules of Engagement,by Ezekiel Atang
    4. Before You Say 'I DO'(1,2,3),by Olumide Emmanuel
    5. Destiny Mismatch,by Sam Oye ‪#Quick‬Downloads™101

Download over 700 more FREE messages and books@ http://goo.gl/a7zKyk
    This post was edited by Deleted Member at May 5, 2015 12:33 PM CEST