Forums » Sophia's Forum

The beauty and the beast - Abigail - Nabal's wife.

• 93 posts
    April 13, 2015 7:37 AM CEST

Here the bible tells us about a beautiful woman within and without who made a wrong choose of a partner in marriage .
    We were not told the circumstance surrounding her life at the time.

She was described as a wise woman. the question is, how come her wisdom did not help her choose rightly? Well bad things a times happens to good people. Abigail even though was a good and wise woman, she made a wrong choice and unfortunately she had to live with it. That is why our decisions and choices are as important as who we are.

God is a God of principles as He is a God of Mercy.

What I love about this woman is the fact that despite her mistake she choose to live with her choice with a good attitude. This is nothing but virtuous. She maintained a good and positive attitude despite the cruelty of her husband. You know what? God remains faithful to His word. He gave Abigail double for her trouble.

God did not call us to try and straighten her husbands or fiancé. He only wants us to glorify Him by doing His will in the midst of our situation. Once you are married you have entered a covenant with your spouse. That is why I always advice people to ask all the questions before saying 'I do'.

In marriages that are far from blissful, God wants us to overcome evil with good. That is real Christian living. Well, I am not an advocate of coping with an abusive relationship, but doing our own best that will cause God to raise to vindicate us.  Her courage in the face of difficulty caused God to give her double for her trouble. She was positive, her situation made her better not bitter. We have to make up our minds not to allow frustration of a negative marriage make us bitter.

Bitterness will only bring out the worse in us. Had Abigail being bitter she would not have being able to offer kindness to David. I want you to know that when the devil stirs up offences in your marriage and relationship, his attempt is to steal your joy. He wants to make you bitter. Once you get bitter, you cannot access God's joy. Abigail would have missed

her great opportunity had she continually nag about her husband's negative character.

She simply survived by focussing on the good part. I want to challenge you, to dare God in your marriage, and begin to focuss on the good things in your marriage. See the good things and let thanksgiving flow from your heart to God. God knows how to recompense and reward us with restoration of the years that the cankerworm as eaten.

May God's grace and Mercy help us choose correctly and may He grant us grace to glorify Him and live fulfilling our purpose and destiny.

• April 13, 2015 8:41 AM CEST
    Amen.
  • April 15, 2015 9:50 AM CEST

Amen. God bless you maam.