Forums » Daily Evening Prayers

Fasting and Prayer Schedule for the month of May

• May 1, 2015 7:26 AM CEST

General Guidelines for Fasting

We encourage you to take note of the following:

1. Try and break fast daily by 6.00pm unless for health reasons.

2. You may take water anytime of the day or fruits from 4.00pm

3. Fasting without prayers is hunger strike or dieting. Hence, on this page, you have to keep on checking daily for prayer points. Prayers points for the day will be available in the morning, while you can optionally drop yours as well using comment form.

4. You may use comment form to drop any question or if you have a word for the house in a general sense. You may also use comment form to drop prayer points if you don't mind so other members of the club can pray for you as they read through.

Our Anchor Scripture is taken from:

Isa 58:5-9 KJV
    (5) Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
    Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
    (7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
    Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
    (9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
    Verse 7 specifically talks about giving during fasting. With this, we would have used a three-fold chord to secure our future, which are praying, fasting and giving. You also find Jesus talking about these three principles.

In Matthew 6:4 - When you give...

In Matthew 6:7 - When you pray...
    In Matthew 6:16 - When you fast...

Jesus also mentioned forgiveness in that chapter. Make sure you forgive all, and let go of every offences so that your prayers will not be hindered. Make sure you participate and join our partners to do this. Nothing is too much or too small. The important thing is to be part of this great opportunity.

To give to Kisses and Huggs Club, use this account details

Direct Payment or Online Transfer -

BANK - GUARANTEE TRUST BANK (GTB)
    Account Name: Kisses and Huggs Club
    Account Number: 0150088032

OR
    Check Partners' Page to Give from outside Nigeria using credit cards or paypal.

Day 1 of 3 Days

On KHC, the month of May shall be our month of exceeding grace. Five is the number of grace, and that shall indeed be our experience in Jesus name!

Ministering unto the Lord

Today, our focus is ministering to the Lord and just worshipping Him not for what we want but because of who He is.

Act 13:2 KJV
    As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Act 13:2 MSG
    One day as they were worshiping God--they were also fasting as they waited for guidance--the Holy Spirit spoke: "Take Barnabas and Saul and commission them for the work I have called them to do."
    Anytime we minister unto God, He will speak to us. Meditate and think over the above scripture for some time. When you meditate enough on it, it will become your experience and God will surely speak to you during this fast.

Worshipping God can involve lifting up of hands, prostrating on the floor or any other comfortable position with you.

1. Lord, I thank you for who you are over the whole world.

2. Lord, I thank you for creating me and coming after me through your son, Jesus Christ.

3. Lord, I thank you for everything you have done in my life since I was born

4. Lord, I thank you for all you have done in my life since the beginning of this year

5. Lord, I thank you for my family, work, career, business, relationship, marriage etc

6. Thank God for everything you can possibly remember

7. Begin to worship God in your known language.

8. Sing unto Him in your known language

9. Tell Him how much you love Him

10. After you have exhausted your vocabulary, switch to praising and worshipping God in the Spirit
    1Co 14:15 KJV
    What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

11. Do it for as long as you are able to without interference of phones, people etc.

12. Do it whole wholeheartedly and with integrity of heart.

Day 2 of 3 Days

Scriptures for Prayer

Luk 1:30 KJV
    And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Luk 1:30 MSG
    But the angel assured her, "Mary, you have nothing to fear. God has a surprise for you:

Prayer Points
    1. In this new month, I will find favour with God in Jesus name

2. I rebuke the spirit of fear over my life this year in Jesus name.

3. I receive boldness to walk into God’s favour in Jesus name.

4. This month, God will surprise me in Jesus name!

5. This month, God will lead me into marital fulfilment in Jesus name

6. Lord, wipre tears off my face and fill my mouth with laughter

Go ahead and pray in the Spirit (Minimum of 30 minutes)

Day 3 of 3 Days

That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth. (Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV)

Prayer Points

1. My God and my father, let every single day of this month be as the days of heaven upon the earth for me in Jesus name

2. My God and my father, let me experience exceeding grace in every aspect of my life in Jesus name

3. Father, let this month be a fulfilling and joyful one for me in my career, business, relationship or marriage in Jesus name

4. I cancel and destroy every plan of the devil over my life, relationship or marriage in Jesus name

5. This month, in my life, relationship and marriage, the devices of the crafty are disappointed and their hands will not perform their enterprise in Jesus name

6. Pray in the Spirit

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at May 3, 2015 11:54 PM CEST
    • 3 posts
    May 1, 2015 8:01 AM CEST
    Thank you very much for your words each day,may this new month herald uncommon blessings for us all.
    Happy New Month everyone!
  • May 1, 2015 9:49 AM CEST
    God almighty has done great things, i worship his holy name. God alone deserves my praise .
    • 18 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:17 PM CEST

Hossana to God in the highest.

• May 2, 2015 9:16 AM CEST
    The Grace upon KHC is upon me. I'm proud and blessed that I belong here.