Forums » Sophia's Forum

Becoming a better You

• 93 posts
    January 21, 2015 6:27 AM CET

God's ultimate desire is that we eventually because conformed to the image of His Son. He desires that Christ be firmed in us in all ramifications.  God desires sons upon the earth that will bring heaven to earth. That will live in power, dominion, authority, glory and true beauty.

God wants you beautiful in and out, that's the beauty of Character. Becoming a better you is really the pressing forth that is required of us this year in KHC. You want to be better than you were yesterday. The weaknesses of yesterday are no longer your experience. There will always be opportunities for us everyday to press forth into becoming a better you.

Here are some points you can apply to help you as you press forth to becoming a better you:

1. Identify a particular area in your character you desire to get better.
    Either the Holy Spirit has been tugging at your heart or several people have always complain about something you know to be negative.
    E.g it could be sleeping too much or not waking up early, talking too much, watching too much films,  being materialistic, always buying things on credit, being abusive, complaining... The list is endless.

2. Ask God to help you.
    Just a few days ago I was asking God to help me wake up a little earlier. I need this in pressing forth to becoming a better and more productive person. You are not designed to help yourself. We all need God's help. We won't get this help unless we ask. The good news is that when we ask for help, God is ever faithful to send help to us. He will always send help to us but sometimes we fail to recognize this help. It may come in a package we are not expecting.

3. Receive the help
    As easy as this may seem, sometimes we find it difficult accepting or receiving the help God has already provided. We keep expecting that the help should come in a particular way, time etc. Remember God knows us more than we know ourselves and He knows what is best for us. Be open to his help. It could come by God giving you a fiancé who will not tolerate your indiscipline or immaturity. It doesn't look like it but that is God sending help to you to make you become a better person.

4. There is a 'doing' part required of you.
    There is no becoming a better you that does not place a demand on you. You will always have to do something. E.g God told me your problem is not waking up but getting up when you wake up. You see my part is putting my feet on the ground after God wakes me. God's part is waking me which I couldn't do myself. That's how it goes with your pressing forth to becoming a better you. You have to take up the responsibility of doing your part and not just put everything on God. You want to stop fornicating, dressing seductively or using guys to satisfy your selfish need? Ask God for help and then make up your mind to do what is required of you. You, not God will have to stop wearing those skimpy dresses. You, not God will have to keep your ecloths on, shut your mouth, tighten your lips and close up your legs...

5. Determine to remain faithful and committed to becoming a better you.
    Set goals and experience the joy and fulfillment of you and God achieving them. Enjoy the new you that you are becoming. You may want to shed some weight like me. It will be so fulfilling seeing yourself a size 12 as against your size 16. Just start skipping late dinners. Determine to be consistent with reading your bible. Follow the daily scripture reading on KHC and you will enjoy the person you are becoming.

This is what is means to let your light so shine that people will glorify God your father. May you be a shinning light and an expression of Gods goodness and bringing glory to God.

This post was edited by Pastor Sophia Okunowo at January 21, 2015 7:47 AM CET
  • January 21, 2015 7:37 AM CET
    Wow...refreshing thank you Ma.
    • 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 8:11 AM CET
    Yes ma. You took thee words out of my mouth.
    "Getting up" is d problem. Oh! I have not been so challenged and motivated like this in a while now!
    I am starting with getting up followed by skipping late night food. Praise God. God bless pastor Sophia-amen.
    • 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:33 AM CET

Thank you ma.....God bless

• January 21, 2015 9:48 AM CET
    As so bless. Thank you ma.
    • 1 posts
    January 21, 2015 10:55 AM CET
    Nice one ma God bless nd keep u for us
  • January 21, 2015 1:39 PM CET

I am blesses maam, thank you so much and Amen to your prayer!!!

• 2 posts
    January 21, 2015 10:42 PM CET
    Thanks for all ur word of encouragement.God will continue to strengthen you ma.
    • 2 posts
    January 21, 2015 10:44 PM CET
    Thanks for all ur word of encouragement.God will continue to strengthen you ma.
  • January 30, 2015 2:15 PM CET

Greater glory.. nice piece