Forums » "Musings" with Ola Kris

Romantic Lessons For Couples 2

• 6 posts
    June 10, 2015 8:10 AM CEST

Good day to you all precious people,
    I trust that you all enjoyed our 1st Lesson on this series of Romantic Lessons for couples. It would help a great deal if married couples adhere to and remember their vows. Let's consider our second lesson.

Lesson 2: ACT AS THOUGH CHRIST PHYSICALLY LIVES IN YOUR HOME!

CHRIST is the Head of this home;
    The unseen guest at every meal;
    The silent listener to every conversation.

I received a strange mail a couple of months back that brings to mind the reality of this second lesson: Acting as though Christ physically lives in your home. I opened the mail and discovered I had been penalised for sppeeding over above stipulated speed limit.I did 85km/hr when I was required to do 60km/hr. What the fuss, just a little marging I thought! But it was considered an infringement.

You see, like the normal human tendency, I have been used to reducing speed only when I sight a traffic officer, but on the said day there were none at sight. Unfortunately there were speed cameras and one of those testified against me.

Just imagine: a secret video recording of one month in your home; or just a week; or even a day. A secret recording of the words which couples say one to another; a secret wire of flirtatious conversations made with other men or women. A secret video of admirations for another man or woman.The results would be mind-blowing.

My advice is that couple live as if Christ is physically present in their homes. We know He is unseen but let us pretend as if He is there bodily.

We surely would speek kindly one to another if Jesus were sitted in a corner of our living rooms.
    We,men, are particularly probably more culpable. We behave at home as if we only deserve to be served every now and then; "Now why is my food not ready?";"why do you need the car?"; "what does your cousin want?";"you spend money as if you are daft". According to Christ, the head or leader should be the servant. Jesus stooped low to wash the feet of His guys. Can you beat that?!

Personally I have had to wash my wife's undies countless times. Not because she was ill or busy,but because I love her. I consider also that Christ does wash my dirty linens as well! Sorry if that does not amuse you. I am not African in some of my attitudes.I am a christian man! That's what love's gat to do with it!
    Let's repent if we need to and get better.

Let's begin to ACT AS THOUGH CHRIST IS PHYSICALLY PRESSENT.
    Enjoy LIFE.

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at June 13, 2015 7:40 AM CEST
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2015 6:49 PM CEST

This is awesome,  this is living with the consciousness of the presence of Jesus. 

• June 10, 2015 10:21 PM CEST
    Wow, am loving it here wella ,more grace to you guys.Nice job.
  • June 11, 2015 11:16 AM CEST

This is some good godly advice for couples to live as Christ-like husband and wife.

• 13 posts
    June 13, 2015 7:41 AM CEST
    I got a word from this " am not an African in some of my attitude but am a Christian " when I do such in the past all I got was criticism but they are not me.., I am who God says I am.