Forums » Singles' Discussion

I love him but my pastor says No

• January 23, 2015 6:35 AM CET

Please, I need your help. There is a guy I love so much, born again, but not a member of our church. I told my pastor about it, but he is not excited. He said why should I go to Egypt to find a man when there are enough in Isreal. I am confused, please advise me.

• January 23, 2015 7:30 AM CET
    We are all one in Christ Jesus as christians. It's the same love and teachings of God that bond christians together. Please pray and seek the face of God about it, your getting married to a God fearing brother from another church was not suppose to be an issue .
    • 11 posts
    January 23, 2015 8:16 AM CET
    Ask your pastor if there is any other factor apart from church. If there's nothing then pray your pastor into the relationship and don't ever make your fiance feel that your pastor is a stumbling block because you need his blessings. What if your pastor persists (God forbid), pls take to your heels, except you aren't convinced about the relationship or there are other issues raised by him. It is well with you
    • 10 posts
    January 23, 2015 8:48 AM CET
    If your pastor says no on the ground of church , I doubt if his a man of God because first he should have done to see if the guy is genuinely born again.
    • 11 posts
    January 23, 2015 10:32 AM CET
    @Modupe Adedeji, she knew the guy is born again, but what if the Pastor didn't have that information? And centiments apart, do you think everyone that have cross as their necklace are christians? Don't fault the pastor until she's sure that his Egypt is actually a living church.
  • January 23, 2015 5:31 PM CET
    Following the teaching on our daily devotion, by the holy spirit what did you receive about the brother from God.before you tell your pastor
    about him.very important.
    • 3 posts
    January 23, 2015 8:31 PM CET

This is not about the pastor or the girl. It is about the guy and where he came from. It about the revelation the pastor saw if the pastor is not speaking carnally. I want us to be sensitive about the pastor word, "egypt" we all know what kind of nation egypt is and what the people of israelite went through.. if i were this lady i will have to seek the face of God again because the pastor might not be able to say no directly to the lady but his countenance is saying No, please seek the face of God again in other for you not to be deprive of you serving your God in the land of egypt. we human being can hide under the umbrella of being born again in a way that if you are not spiritual you wont know we are not. shallom.

• 212 posts
    January 28, 2015 11:06 AM CET

This is a very controversial issue. Personally most of the relationship my pastor kicked agianst never worked. Surprisingly,they did not tell me the person's fault,they just said they have prayed and there is something i can't see. True to it,i continued and i later discovered some hidden truth and took to my heels. I also know no true pastor wants to loose a daughter he has trained,lets be factual. If we were pastors,we would feel the same way. I advise you hold on and take time to fast and pray and let God give you specific words. In my case,I kept talking to God till i was clear the relationship was not of God.On the other hand,My mentor had same issue but the pastor was just being sentimental because he had invested so much in the young lady.It took the intervention of a higher spiritual authority form the man's side to talk to the pastor who disagreed before to agree.He then had to let her marry the young and promising man of God. she is doing so well. She married the her pastor fiance and they are doing fine.They are even teaching the younger generation chastity and relationship. Its your decision. I advise you take things slowly and time has a way of revealing truth. Wish you well

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at January 28, 2015 11:14 AM CET
    • 212 posts
    January 28, 2015 11:28 AM CET

I also want to say that there are people who you must listen to when it comes to issues like this. Listen to them,pick what they are trying to pass on and then you can weigh your decision.They are your parents and your pastors. If this once has been a blessing to you and they have always put their life in the line for you,then they won't suddenly hate you because you want to get married. Personally,i listen to my pastors most of the time and they counsel based on the word.I also sometimes know what to do but i still listen to hear what they say,it matches up with what God has told me.I listen to my parents for corrections but when it comes to life partner issue,i know my family;they would go for the rich one with secured job even if he is not saved as far as his nice. I am wise enough to know that a wrong decision. So dearest,such decision should be taken prayerfully. Work on your spiritual growth, Pray in tongues daily. You would find yourself in God's will without confusion. I have experienced this before.

• 2 posts
    February 14, 2015 8:59 PM CET
    You just love the guy, you didn't say whether you prayed and received God's affirmation before meeting your pastor. I think you should pray and be sure then listen to your pastor. This is because your pastor is a spiritual authority God placed over you........................ Be wise