Forums » "Musings" with Ola Kris

Be Her No 1 Fan Always

• 6 posts
    June 18, 2015 8:05 AM CEST

Hello gracious people out there. Our third lesson on our series on Romantic Lessons For Couples is "BE HER NO 1 FAN ALWAYS".

Traditionally, the man in a marrital relationship receives adoration from the woman. Societal cultures,traditions and indeed Scriptures say the man is the head and by implication,takes the lead in most things. His opinion is 'better'. His ideas are to be considered "first" and his judgement ought not be "questioned". Be that as it may,we should kindly take note that the woman's ideas should never be neglected. There are no competitions here. The man and wife are a team,and teams work symbiotically.

I have observed that men in the days we live in appear threatened by the rising of their female counterparts in every sphere of life and endeavour. For a while now it has not been a man's world anymore. Women have arrived at the party and the show must go on. And, trust me,women are better than we men in a lot of ways.

This is my counsel:

1. Men should be number one fans of their women whenever they have done well. Fans really do not mind the inadequacies of their 'idols'.All they concentrate on is their positive sides.

Men should be the first source of encouragement to their women's ambitions and dreams.

Men should seek the opinion of their women in issues. Even God said "let us reason together'.

Men should speak of their wives' good deeds in the public.

5. Men should praise their women always,especially in the presence of other women.

My experience

After battling with my alfa male ego for a long time, I have agreed with some friends who believe FT is a better driver. She,unlike, me would observe just about every trafic rules even when trafic lights and corps are absent. She has consideration for other road users.

She speeds moderately. Not that I have crashed a car since I began to drive but I simply was voted as subordinate to her in driving. Now that's like an insult if you are a man from my tribe.They believe(d) women are owned.Next to furnitures. No sir! No one owns nobody.God owns all of us. Or else how better are we from slave traders and colonial masters.

At another instance we were travelling and got lost. She nicely told me we were on the wrong way and I objected. She kept quiet. See,FT is wiser than most wives I have met in my life. She nags not. Never. Not once. After wasting precious fuel in my pride,I detoured and went back to take the route she had long suggested. Unfortunately it has happened several times. Meaning I still have some ego to trash,and it's been close to fifteen years now.

Exceptions

I am aware,ofcourse,that some women can be very difficult and would think the man is weak or slack if she is praised or preferred. Well,only a foolish woman would think this way. Men can hardly tolerate foolish women;even holy men.

Enjoy LIFE.
    Your fellow,
    Ola-Kris