Forums » Singles' Discussion

We must have our wedding at a celestial church?

• June 26, 2015 6:31 AM CEST

My fiancee's parents insisted we must have our wedding at a celestial church but I am pentescostal. How can I handle that?

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at June 26, 2015 6:31 AM CEST
  • June 26, 2015 8:51 AM CEST
    It is not the wedding held at celestial church or anywhere else that would uphold your marriage but the true love you both have for each other
    • 212 posts
    July 3, 2015 5:56 PM CEST

hmmmm..this is serious,I do not know what they believe in celestial church.I have never heard their message. But i tell you the truth,if your fiancee is on your side,they would have no option.or better still use a hall and then have a pastor you respect bless the marriage instead of using celestial church

• 1 posts
    August 9, 2015 12:07 PM CEST
    @Bimbola; i think this forum is not about church. Its not proper for u to say dat you do not know wat dey believe in Celestial Church. Because u havent listened to their message(s) does not make the church less spiritual & important? I strongly disagree you encouraging the couple to get a hall and a pastor they respect to bless their marriage. At this juncture, i think i need to opt out of this forum if all we preach here is one church been superior to another one. I always love ur comments and responses but really disappointed at this one.
    • 44 posts
    August 9, 2015 11:01 PM CEST

Hello Ebony Ola, I think there is a little misunderstanding about Bimbola's comment. I don't think she was trying to  put any demonination down or trying to say they are less spiritual.

And about opting out of this forum,Please let me just say this, I have been a member of KHC since 2013 and I have never ever read in any post on the his platform where Pastor Dunamis or Pastor Sophia preached about a particular church being superior or inferior to any other.

I want to pled with us on this platform to remember that denominations won't take us to heaven rather We should look unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith. When we get to heaven God will never ask us what denomination we belonged to.

KHC has being a blessing to lives all over the world and May the annoiting to impact more lives never run dry in Jesus name.

• 212 posts
    August 10, 2015 1:27 PM CEST

I just saw this . I think Blessed babe got my point. I simply said I know nothing about the church but I care about the couple feeling. If one party is not happy then they should not use any church but rather use a hall and have their pastors join them before many witnesses.I never said anything about whatever message they preach and really it is none of my business. The couple actually is my concern.There happiness is what is important here.

• 12 posts
    August 10, 2015 2:35 PM CEST

About this question - I want to believe the man asking this question knows where his fiancéparent worship before now, and its not new to you that wedding is done in the bride's parent churchand not groom's parent church. In my own opinon there is nothing you can do about it if they insist, but if your wife to be agrees she doesn't want it there, there is no problem you can pray about it. But whether there or anywhere else, God is the sustainer of every home and He's the ultimate builder, so its your Love, Fear of God and God that will make your marriage work.

@John - I concur! 

@Bimbola I understand where you are coming from to some extent, but its not church that determine the success of a home, there are so many wedding held at petecostal church that has crumbled today, so its not about the church or message or how powerful the man of God is. We are all God's workmanship.....and God is the ultimate builder of every home.

@Ebony - My friend, its not up to that, don't take it personal, but we still need to respect each other's perspective/opinion. What you believe differs from what others believe in - but to take it to the extreme of you leaving, here is not a church, but a platform to bless everyone irrespective of your denomination. Please, let's this not cause any issue.

@Blessed Babe - Nice one God Bless you for that.