Forums » Faith Booster with Rev. Biodun

TAKE YOUR STAND IN FAITH AGAINST THE DEVIL

• 4 posts
    July 22, 2015 7:22 PM CEST

Acts 12:1-5 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth [his] hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) And when he had apprehended him, he put [him] in prison, and delivered [him] to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people. Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

A. The devil is the number one enemy of the children God, if their is anything a child of God must learn to do always has an habit ,is that you must learn how to take a stand of faith against the devil.
    John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

# The devils primary assignment is to steal,kill,and destroy,and thats why you must be watchful and not take chances.
    1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

•When you take chances you become the devils victim.
    • The devil becomes powerless,when we understand the position we are fighting from.

Colossians 3:1-2 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],

• Believers take chances when we don't understand our position in Christ.

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

• The devil also become powerless, when we understand the weapon we are using in fighting him the devil.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

# Whatever the devil is doing in your life and you do not challenge will gain more grounds

• Believers do not play with the devil ,believers challenge the devil.

• You don't tolerate the devils attacks( sickness,poverty,lack etc) ,You attack the devils attacks.

Acts 12:1-5 He rod was a type and shadow of the devil here, after that he killed James he decided to kill peter because he saw that he pleased the apostles

•Whats the devil doing in your life now that you are pleased with or You are tolerating ?

Genesis 27:40 By your sword you shall live, And you shall serve your brother; And it shall come to pass, when you become restless, That you shall break his yoke from your neck."NKJ

Genesis 27:40 You'll live by your sword, hand-to-mouth, and you'll serve your brother. But when you can't take it any more you'll break loose and run free. MESSAGE

Genesis 27:40 You will live by your sword, and you will serve your brother. But when you decide to break free, you will shake his yoke from your neck." NLT

B. HOW DO I TAKE A STAND OF FAITH AGAINST THE DEVIL

1. Know who you are.

•you are not who you use to be .you have change identity .
    when you gave your life to Christ a substitution occurs

Colossians 1:12-23 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence. For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

2. Know that you have all the power of God at your disposal for use.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luke 4:36 And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word [is] this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out

# Difference kinds of Gods power that believers has :

• Dunamis :power of the holy ghost that can reproduce itself
    • Exuosia : delegated authority
    • Kratos : power that enforces authority

3. Understand the dynamics of how this power works.

• This power works with words declaration
    • Gods words are anointed. JNH 6:63

Psalms 18:43-44 Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; [and] thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people [whom] I have not known shall serve me. As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.

• The devil is only waiting for you to issue out command

........As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey ! they are waiting for you to command and declear.

4. Exercise your authority
    • The devils attacks is an opportunity to exercise your authority and not an opportunity to run away.
    • until you are subject to Gods authority you can not use that authority

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.