Forums » Singles' Discussion

Must I see visions to get my fiancé back?

• August 5, 2015 8:21 AM CEST

We have started courtship after we were very convinced that we were meant for each other
    Few weeks after our introduction, he says he can't continue because I don't see visions like his mother does for the family. He wants a woman that can see visions for his family.
    He is ready to cut off his relationship with me if I can't see visions.

Question
    Must I see visions to get my fiancé back? What should I do?

• 16 posts
    August 5, 2015 9:53 AM CEST
    My sis,u don't need to see vision,God can not be mocked. If truly God is involve like u said, go back to Him and report Him,then wait 4 God's answer nd do accordingly
    • 16 posts
    August 5, 2015 10:00 AM CEST
    Sister,the word of God says in my father's house there are many mansions. Ur spouse is liking to a mansion' if his own mansion is not ready God wil equally give u another mansion. This is my personal Revelation frm God
    • 16 posts
    August 5, 2015 10:02 AM CEST
    John. 14:1-3
    • 44 posts
    August 5, 2015 11:22 AM CEST

As believers we have the gift of the spirit and they are diverse but all from the same spirit, some have several but everyone has it. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11. No one determines the gift he has, they are not developed by human capacities hence no one should dictate to anyone what type of gift they want them to have. 

I know God has made the Man the head of the family and this transends to every area including the spiritual area. The Man is to be the priest of his home, the watch man, he is to take the lead when it comes to taking care of his family spiritually. If anyone is to see the vision for the family it should be the man. I am not trying to say in anyway that the wife should not hear from God or see ''Vision'' for the family but what if the wife has other gifts other than seeing ''Vision''.

You are not your mother in-law to be and you can never be like her because you are different and unique. you have your own gifts that God has deposited into you for the strengthening of His body.

I want to believe that since you are in courtship, you have a pastor, church marriage council or mentor in charge of both of you during this period. I think you both need to have a chat with any of these people, they may help to enlighten your fiance about this whole issue but talk to God first about it.

If after counselling he decides to go, Please let him go because if you start pretending that you are seeing vision and you eventually get married, he may wake up one day to say ''sweet heart I want you to see a vision about how my day is going to be at the office today'' and you can't WAHALA go happen o.

• August 5, 2015 12:56 PM CEST

hmm... @Blessed Babe EpistLER.

• 212 posts
    August 5, 2015 4:19 PM CEST

I almost laughed out loud when I saw this. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must not see vision and even if you should see,it is not under compulsion like this dude is putting you in. My dear.calm down and pray and let God prevail. There are many good men,if he does not come back to his senses,move on. Also you two should see your mentor but do not put him under pressure to marry you

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at August 5, 2015 4:42 PM CEST
    • 7 posts
    August 8, 2015 10:37 AM CEST
    I understand what you are going through. You have already been emotionally attached to the guy. What I'm not sure of Is wether u̶̲̥̅̊r Fiancee is a believer!!! Because if you believe in people seeing visions for you and you cannot see visions for yourself or seek God independently by yourself without depending on anybody. You can't force someone to reason in u̶̲̥̅̊r perspective especially if d person has already made up his mind. He may want to use that one as an excuse to leave you. I want to tell you that if d guy is meant for you. He will surely be!!! God is always looking at d future!! He doesn't think like how we think. I hope God will give u d best. If God says he is not u̶̲̥̅̊r husband,d union cannot work. So stay at peace and seek to hear God yourself!! Then you can then decide on what to do. Anything God tells you to do after you seek him with prayer and fasting,Act upon it and take your decision. God always wants d best for you.
    This post was edited by Afolabi Akinola at August 8, 2015 10:42 AM CEST