Forums » Singles' Discussion

He promises to get born again after marriage.

• January 28, 2015 6:30 AM CET

Can I marry someone who promises to get born again immediately after marriage? I really love him and he seems sincere. Please, advise.

• January 28, 2015 7:09 AM CET
    Fish cannot be stretched after it has been smoked. Be warned! It is a DANGER SIGN!!! YOU WILL GET YOUR FINGER BURNT. In fact, even if he now decides, it is a trap to make you accept the marriage. Quit that relationship and trust God for another. Light and darkness does not have anything in common.
  • January 28, 2015 9:53 AM CET
    Don't try it, it is very dangerous to take such risk. Put love aside and go to God in prayers if you really want a Home and not a Battle field. Stay bless!
    • 212 posts
    January 28, 2015 10:19 AM CET

No,why not now? Why does he have to wait till marriage? Does marriage have any specific impact on personal salvation? Please dont let your emotions fool you. Emotions are transient.MArriage would open your eyes.Wise up

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at January 28, 2015 10:20 AM CET
  • January 28, 2015 12:08 PM CET
    That's BIG NO!!!
    • 3 posts
    January 28, 2015 1:02 PM CET

My Dear,

1. Promises can be broken especially for an unbeliever. In today's devotion, Pastor Dunamis drew our attention to 2Peter 2:22; which says But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2. You really love him...Good. If He really loves you and God, why would he be procastinating about his salvation?

3. He seems sincere....hmm... in truth, is he really sincere? Have you noticed that unbelievers like marrying Christians because, they want a peaceful home and upright kids. Ofcourse being the wife, you will not challenge him physically. Even when you complain, he will tell yo to go and pray. while he wallows in sin.

4. Now 'love' has formed a big cloud of aura here. What happens when challenges, despair and unforgivness creeps into the family? Will there still be love (and understanding)?

5. Finally, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (II Cor. 6:14-18).

• January 28, 2015 2:37 PM CET
    Sweetheart here is what I would tell myself if I were you, any man who becomes born again for marriage sake ain't genuine. Wait upon the lord you deserve the best
  • January 28, 2015 3:54 PM CET
    Quit dat rlship.. Marriage is not d Holy Spirit dat will make him to be born again. There re a lot of things dat can go wrong in your home if u marry an unbeliver,so pls avoid unnecessary headace now and quit. I pray God will empower you to take d rite decision in jesus name.... Amen
    • 7 posts
    January 28, 2015 7:41 PM CET
    Thats a very risky business
  • January 29, 2015 10:00 AM CET

THAT WILL BE SUICIDER MY DEAR! BUT LIKE SERIOUSLY ALSO, THERE IS NOTHING GOD CANNOT DO! JUST PRAY HARD FOR CONVICTION. MAY GOD HELP YOU!