Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 26 - Camp Fire Night

• 199 posts
    August 9, 2015 6:08 AM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

The familiar bird beaconed on corps members at the usual time – 5:30am and the normal morning routine was done accordingly. After we left the parade ground, Irene and Lewa left together to Maami Market. I was not in the mood for food that morning. I just wanted to stay light for Camp Fire.

However, while I was still basking in the euphoria of hearing from home, I looked forward to evening time when welcome party for corps members would hold and I was going to meet the Camp Dons. My target was Damien, the former commissioner's son.

Aderinmola, when will learn to calm down?” I asked myself.

How will you explore if you are always yelling at handsome guys?” I teased myself again. I laughed at myself and entered the hostel.

For full story of episode 25, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 26

CAMP FIRE NIGHT,

As the sun set and the cloud rolled out to usher in the evening time, my adrenaline screamed excitement and I knew I was going to have a swell time that night. Lewa and I looked for a beautiful dress for me to wear after she brought out he mono strap dress. It was a body con that exposed all Lewa's curves and contours. I finally picked a black mermaid sleeveless dress. It had glitters and was suitable for night parties like camp fire. I wore my swarovski tri set of necklace, bracelet and earrings with my black prada almond toe pump shoes. Irene only laid on the bed and watched us as we prepared to leave for the party. Lewa asked her for the last time if she was sure she would stay in the hostel because she will be left all alone, she said she was fine with being alone.

Lewa, let's go, Irene is a pastor she won't go.” I said sarcastically.

ahn han now, how can you say such about your friend.” Lewa responded sarcastically. We both laughed and bade Irene farewell.

We were greeted by the music blasting somewhere from behind of the parade ground. The party was on and we could see corps members trooping in. Lewa and I walked in majestically and we were welcomed by two hefty men. They were obviously bouncers.

Wey your gate pass?” One of them asked for our ID card to confirm we were corps members. His voice was quite deep and sounded more like a tout than a gentleman. It was good Lewa suggested we took our face cap called hairdressing, to avoid embarrassments we had started facing at the gate.

We showed the bouncers our hairdressing and we were allowed to proceed. Outsiders were prohibited from joining the party. To my amazement, I saw all my Platoon member and some from other platoons. I also saw Patrick. He was present at the party. He spotted me and came close to me.

Wow! Derin, it's great to see you here.” He said.

Hi Patrick...” I was about responding when Lewa came to grab me.

Derin, my god mother would like to meet you now.” She said as she dragged me away without even greeting Patrick. I quickly signalled Patrick that i'll talk to him later.

Lewa took to one corner almost towards the end of the parade ground where the party was buzzling. We finally got to a spot where someone was in the middle of roughly six men, they smoked and drank and merried. Lewa asked me to hold on and went in-between the enclosed area. The person in the middle I could not see clearly from where I was but I could guess it was a woman from the way “her” boys hailed her.

Mama say make you bring am” One of the boys said to Lewa who had come out to meet me that time to ask me to wait.

Lewa tapped me that we had been asked to come. As we squeezed ourselves through the group, I choked from the heavy smell of the cigarette. We succeeded in entering.

Where is she?” The female voice asked.

Mama she's here” Lewa pushed me forward. I looked up to greet her and to my amazement it was Sheila.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at August 19, 2015 5:40 PM CEST
  • September 14, 2015 6:05 PM CEST

Adebola, you have wowed us with pearls cafe and now youve stopped writing, pls oo, uve watered our mouths, pls dont leave us thirsty, its been over a month....... we love your work and we pray God continually use you to enlarge his kingdom... i believe im speaking the mind of other club members too... biko....

yours faithfully,,

Debola's fans..

• 199 posts
    September 27, 2015 9:11 AM CEST

Hello Damilola,

lol! I'm just seeing your message. Thank you for the encouraging words but I did not stop. Some other things came up that needed to be attended to. But not to worry, watch out for the continuation very soon. Also coming up on KHC Radio from Pearl's Cafe is a Radio Drama Program titled "Wetin Mata?" Thanks to Pastors Dunamis & Sophia Okunowo for another opportunity to reach out to people. Details will come up soon. Apologies to you and the entire club members for the abrupt break.

Yours sincerely,

Debola

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at December 19, 2015 2:27 AM CET
  • December 9, 2015 1:13 PM CET

Really looking forward to the continuation, itz almost like I'm watching a soap opera. GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD FOR BEING A BLESSING TO US .

• 199 posts
    December 19, 2015 2:35 AM CET

Hello Chioma,

Thanks for the encouraging words and Amen to your prayers! Yes, the story continues next month by God's grace. 

NB: Apologies to Damilola for the mistake, I just saw it now, I said Tomisin instead of Damilola.

To all KHC Members and readers of Pearl's Cafe, Platoon Two continues in January but i'll just repost story so far the last weekends of Dec for those just joining to bring them up to speed. Also watch out for the release of the Novel of Corper Shun!!! the first series of Diamond in the rough. It's fuller, bigger and with more details about how Derin started her journey. If you think you've read it all in Corper Shun online, you may just be missing out in a lot more of the story. I love you all! Thank you all! Thank you Psts Dunamis & Sophia Okunowo! God bless KHC!!!

Remember to Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!