Forums » Singles' Discussion

My girlfriend drinks and smokes

• August 13, 2015 8:01 AM CEST

My girlfriend whom I plan to marry drinks and smokes. She said I should understand her background that she will soon stop, but I still caught her yesterday smoking behind church. I am sad and I want to leave her even though I love her. What should I do?

• 212 posts
    August 13, 2015 9:57 AM CEST

I think she should get registered on K&H and follow up with the devotionals. As a matter of fact pastor dealt with this issue on today's devotional. We all have weaknesses,it just that hers is pronouced.I advise she visit a christian rehab center if there is one.I know there are centers that deal with addictions. If she is a believer and is willing to chnage,with the word and rehab she can turn a new leave.Pray for her too.

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at August 13, 2015 7:59 PM CEST
  • August 13, 2015 2:51 PM CEST

If you can't tolerate her now and she can't stop the habits now, it is better to leave her and probably remain friends and be praying for her. There is no assurance that she will change after marriage and the Devil can use that to attack your marriage in the future. Leaving her does not mean you don't love her. Sometimes, love demands we let go and let God. It is well with us at KHC. God help us all. I love this family of God

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at August 13, 2015 8:00 PM CEST
  • August 13, 2015 10:35 PM CEST
    Please,was she like that when you proposed to her? Marriage is not for changing people; it is for CHANGED PEOPLE. Not everybody is fit for marriage yet,and should not be considered for marriage yet! ‪#Quick‬Downloads™101