Forums » Singles' Discussion

Am I not being foolish?

• August 15, 2015 7:54 AM CEST

I love God, I serve God, I stay away from Jeru trap, but no man is showing up. My other friends who are unbelievers and are careless with their spiritual lives are getting married. Am I not being foolish? Should I lower my spiritual standards a little to get married, because it looks like those that are compromising are getting married quickly. Please, advise.

• 2 posts
    August 15, 2015 8:40 AM CEST
    My dear you are not foolish God is preparing your Mr right, pls don't compromise or else you will regret it.
  • August 15, 2015 10:29 AM CEST
    pls can we know the spiritual standards?
    • 60 posts
    August 15, 2015 11:24 PM CEST
    Is marriage all there is to life? What is with marriage, marriage. Please something else, so your spiritual walk is to get married? No more for a relationship with the Almighty? I sense a misplaced priority every where, we are first believers ie humans in a love relationship with God before any thing else. If you enjoy your life, every other thing will be an added advantage, some persons need someone to complete them, thereby making the persons' life miserable. Be complete wanting nothing and you will not become a leech to somebody, everything else is jara. If Christ comes now, how will you term your life? If your life is played back before your eyes now, will you be proud of what will be played? I feel like beating out this marriage madness from believers, we should be purpose minded not this.
    • 4 posts
    August 17, 2015 11:57 AM CEST
    I tell my friends getting married is not all there is to life and its not just about getting married, Its about getting married to a wonderful person.Your friends who are careless with their spiritual lives are getting married okay? I wouldn't be surprised to know that they are not happily married because most times that is the case.Please do not lower your spiritual standards! Once you start,you are going to continue until you got no standards at all! Just focus on something else, a man will come.Trust God!
    • 212 posts
    August 17, 2015 12:17 PM CEST

You were not born to marry and for marriage but marriage was made for you. You can decide to have a lovely life as a single and stop this I must marry mentality. I do not even see any reason why believers should always be hasty about marriage. We trust God for a Job,money and health and even our calling but when it comes to marriage,we make Him feel He has no plan. Is God sleeping? Also what is Spiritual Standard? If what you mean is not relating with male folks,not having friends and trying to be sanctimonous and all that,they that is not spiritual standard.If you are talking about possessing your body in Holiness and walking with God,then keep the standard. God is not sleeping and He will make all things beautful in his time. You life is like a puzzle and God is playing you real good. Things will fall in line better than you thought. But i beg you to stay with God and forget tradition of early marriage and all that. Find your purpose and fulfill it.

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at August 18, 2015 7:23 PM CEST