Forums » Singles' Discussion

She likes sending me on errands

• January 29, 2015 6:30 AM CET

She likes sending me on errands and when I dont answer she will get depressed saying I don't care.

Am I suppsoed to be running around for her while she sits down all in the name of caring? Is that not stupidity?

• 16 posts
    January 29, 2015 7:20 AM CET
    It sounds like acts of service may be her love language, that may explain her getting depressed whenever an errand isn't done. However I believe some lines need to be drawn here. The truth is that she needs to realize that you cannot be there for her all the time, also she needs to learn to do certain things herself (depending on the errand). Let there be a balance. You can do other acts of service besides running errands. Let her not get too used to you doing things for her and you don't do things to the point that it feels like a chore. Especially if you love her, it must come out of your heart.

Secondly, she needs to stop using emotional blackmail to get you into doing things. Love doesn't put itself first. The Bible always encourages us to put others ahead of yourself. Both of you need to sit and talk about this particular issue.
    • 22 posts
    January 29, 2015 7:36 AM CET
    You really need to sit her down and draw lines, so that if you eventually marry, there won't be quarell all the time.
  • January 29, 2015 5:44 PM CET

I agreed with Ife.

• 5 posts
    January 30, 2015 1:13 AM CET
    I agree too,that's blackmail.why get depressed over something not done your way
  • January 30, 2015 12:55 PM CET
    Hmmm she is wrong n u are more wrong allowing her capitalize on ur soft spot. Let her know its not suppose to be like that
  • February 4, 2015 4:32 PM CET
    i agree too..... but note that balancing is required....