Forums » Singles' Discussion

He loves God but he is not born again

• August 16, 2015 8:07 AM CEST

He loves God but he is not born again. He follows me to church and said that he doesn't want to rush giving his life so that it can be real. He is not asking for jeru trap. I am in love. Is it safe to continue with the relationship?

• 2 posts
    August 16, 2015 11:55 PM CEST

Thank God he confided in you. It seems like that information you got for him was what gave you an impression that he is not born again. You see, I believe that giving his life to Christ is the foundation he needs to treat you well and with respect in your relationship i.e love you as Christ loves the church.  Remember the bible says be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers' . In addition Amos 3:3 also says "Two cannot walk together except they agree". This agreement is in the order of three dimensions- spiritual, intellectual and physical.
    You need not be carried away by your feelings (thats just one dimension) for him.

In this case I advise you keep praying for him for his salvation and could remain as friends for now.  His giving his life to God should not be because he wants a deep relationship with  you  but out of a need for God and love for the Lord.

This post was edited by 'Femi Olabode at August 17, 2015 6:01 PM CEST
    • 4 posts
    August 17, 2015 12:28 PM CEST
    Watch and Pray!
    • 212 posts
    August 17, 2015 12:46 PM CEST

I think the young man is right and just being realistic. Thank God he knows he should not get born again because of you. I think you should try and detach emotions here and then allow him move at his pace. Pray for him but do not force him to come to church or follow you.May God help you..

• 60 posts
    August 17, 2015 9:41 PM CEST
    There's no one who hate God, its about those who will love Him more to let go of other things they love too. So first thing is to get out from where you are now, where? The place of " I can marry him and convert him" this is how it starts as your emotions are all sold out, please let him know where you are and the level of your relationship, just don't expect anything from him or the devil might use it against you. He's like every other of your friend out there. God bless you
  • August 18, 2015 12:13 PM CEST
    Exactly your correct