Forums » Faith Talk With Rev. Emiko Amotsuka

The yoke and burden of the Lord Jesus

• January 29, 2015 8:54 AM CET

By Rev. Emiko Amotsuka

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This is the invitation from the Lord to us His children. He assures us that His yoke is easy and His burden light. He cannot lie to us. His yoke and burden, could among many things mean HIS WAY AND HIS LIFE.

Truly, the Lords way is always the better and easier way. It will not be easy on the flesh, but in the truest sense of it, His yoke, His way is easier. The way of love is easier than the way of hate, pride, unforgiveness, anger, adultery ,and the numerous works of the flesh. It is to our advantage that we embrace His invitation to take on His yoke and His burden.

Any other way apart from the Lords way, is hard and really burdensome. The man who walks in anger, bitterness and hate carries a heavy burden on himself. It weighs him down, and ultimately affects his health terribly. What a heavy burden to carry? Yet the devil lures us down this road all the time, and we take his STUPID bait so easily sometimes.

Christian couples allow themselves to take the devil's bait of anger, resulting in deep hatred and ultimately divorce. A young christian lady gets involved in fornication in the name of " having fun". She gets pregnant. Fear and confusion set in with the accompanying embarrassment.

A buisnessman " plays smart" in the hope of making some extra gain, though he knows he is doing something wrong. He gets caught and gets imprisoned. Truly, it costs to disobey God. IT PAYS TO SERVE GOD.

• 13 posts
    January 30, 2015 10:27 AM CET
    It really pays to serve God
  • January 30, 2015 4:22 PM CET
    Have mercy Lord!
  • February 2, 2015 4:48 PM CET

True Word of wisdom. It is wisdom to take the Lord's yoke and learn of Him. His ways are truly not grievious.

Lord help us to

• 199 posts
    February 14, 2015 4:54 AM CET

Deep words!