Forums » General News

Carman Survives Cancer

• January 29, 2015 11:14 AM CET

Carman needs no introduction.

Carmelo Domenic Licciardello aged 59, known by his stage name, Carman, is a contemporary Christian music artist and evangelist.

In February of 2013, Carman was diagnosed with cancer.

In March, he said he was going to take a street kid approach to fight the cancer. To God be the glory, two year after, Carman is cancer free, though not without serious roadblocks he had to surmount.

He went through Chemotherapy. At a time, all his hair came off as he was washing it. There was a time he had to sleep in bathroom for days because he would throw up often.

Through all this pains and agony, Carman noted something powerful that we all should learn from.

He never got angry or depressed. He never allows the feelings of abandonment or hopelessness to overtake him.

He held on to God, he was in faith, but he also went through Chemotherapy. He submitted himself to a nutritionist and a full time trainer.

Quoting him in his own words:

"God can turn anything around. He can keep you through the worst of times. Restore the years the locusts have eaten away. Give you peace and confidence when everyone else is losing their minds. I've been through it. I know," Carman concluded. "Yes, I do promote a healthy lifestyle. But that health is based on Jesus Christ being at the center of your life. Can I get an 'amen' from somebody who knows this Jesus I'm talking about tonight?"

Morale: Seeing a Doctor is not a sin and it does not destroy your faith! God's power still heals!