Forums » Singles' Discussion

I still cannot forget about my ex

• September 17, 2015 3:51 PM CEST

I dated my fiance for 5yrs and in 2014, we had our introduction ceremony. After that, he wanted to pack my things to his house which i disagreed and that was how the trouble started in our relationship. He complained about me not visiting, not spending weekends,not washing his clothes etc. On May 1st 2015, our introduction marked a yr; when i asked him wat were our plans to move further, he insinuated that i was dating someone else and neva communicated ever since then. My parents and sisters called him to know why he left, he was just blabbing. The most annoying partof it is dat his parents/family members has not called me or my parents to talk about the matter. Now, he is gone and i still cannot forget him. Am so scared of moving on now.

Please help me out.

• September 17, 2015 10:58 PM CEST
    Whatever I say might not heal you l,only God can. I can't tell you that you will forget in a flash,but at this crirtical period,search for God like never before..read books..listen to tapes..pray in the spirit..talk to your pastor or mentor.God will see you through.Register for KHC camp..your healing might be waiting for you there.Amen
    • 11 posts
    September 18, 2015 9:23 AM CEST
    Only Jesus can heal a broken heart...

Now, what do you remember about him?

The deception?

The blackmail?

Wastage of your time?

The calculated attempts to have you as a constant bed partner before taking the responsibility of marriage?

One thing you surely feel is some shame for being used this way, you want to clarify issues, you want to know that there was nothing wrong with you, or that there were very good reasons for him to leave. Reasons he really hasn't told you about.

You want closure.

Men are tested in difficult times, if he really loved you, and if he really was for you, a child of God with a kingdom conscience, he would never have left.

Bottom line: You loved the wrong person. He is gone, which is a good thing, and you have the opportunity to rebuild your life on correct principles.

This is hard.

What you focus on, gets magnified.

Stop stalking on Facebook, unfollow, block, delete all past messages, burn all pictures. Delete all numbers.

Start redirecting your focus, on Jesus, on your calling, on family...

The scar may always be there, but you will heal, eventually.

And the person who was meant for you, who will treasure you forever is just close by.

Clean out most of this baggage before he comes. He has received grace to help you with the rest.

Your healing is a deliberate process of getting more and more into God's plan for your life.

Start mending. Now!
    • 18 posts
    September 18, 2015 10:56 AM CEST

is in two way. i will rather say you can still go to God for direction rather than reaching conclusion that he has gone forever except that is what you are also wishing for. it could emotional imbalance thinking that afterall i have shown commitment of marrying her and she is not responding afterall he was not complaining of you not having sex with him. secondly pray against failure at the edge of breakthrough. to me i still have feeling that things can still be worked out. Thanks

• September 18, 2015 12:19 PM CEST

I totally second Victor Olayemi's say about this..

Tis not easy, i must admit. But you need to face it, just as it is.

Firstly, if you both were meant to be, if God had ordained it to work out, and if you were aware of this approval from God, then you need to go back to God so he can fix it for you.

You have probably tried your best as a human to mend things, but all to no avail; so tell it to God, leave it for Him to fix. Only He can make every impossibilities standing between you and your marriage become possible.

But if reverse is the case, then you should start making conscious atttempts to let go of Him. Yes, we all agree that you are hurt, if you gotta cry about it, please do.. let the tears flow, you would feel better, trust me. Dont hold back the pains, feel it, admit it..tell a very close girl friend of yours that is very understanding, talk about it with her...Pray to God to heal you and take the pains away, tell him to perfect all that concerns you, maritally especially. Tell him to reveal his marital will to you. Decide to wait upon God for the best, for Blessed are those that choose to wait upon God.

If you know your worth, you shouldnt feel so bad about it..you should know that he couldnt afford your kinda person, you should know that you deserve much more, focus on that glorious wedding/blissful marriage picture you have always envisaged for yourself..speak positively to your life, keep saying to yourelf that the counsel of God concerning you shall prevail no matter what the physical circumstances may look like now, cuz God would never fail, He would surely, assuredly come through for you. Just do your bits as a God-fearing Lady would and should, then God would do the rest..I pray thee Peace in the midst of all these.