Forums » Singles' Discussion

In my church, I cannot see any potential suitor

• September 29, 2015 7:26 AM CEST

In my church, I cannot see any potential suitor. They all seem too spiritual and a little bit crude in their actions, they are not exposed, yet I feel this church is where i should be right now. But somebody advised me that I should leave the church if I cannot see my type of husband there. Is that true? Should I leave the church for another where there seems to be my "type" of people? Please, advise me.

• September 29, 2015 9:02 AM CEST
    Please Remain in the church. I was in this same situation and I asked myself these questions : Am I in the church to look for a partner or to worship nd be in the presence of my creator? 2). What kind of partner am I looking for lukewarm/cold in the things of God? By asking myself these questions I realised that I was goin all wrong and was leaning on my own wants and not what God wants for me. I am still in that church and more open minded too. God can send the one He has for you to worship @ your church and if you no longer there,you have missed your blessings. Jus keep praying and be patient
  • September 29, 2015 7:41 PM CEST
    I want to believe your primary aim of going to church isn't to find a spouse, rather it should be to serve God with a sincere heart. Your spouse would definitely locate you and I dnt think he necessarily has to come from the particular church where you worship, so don't expect that ur husband must come from where ur church. Your life partner may come from your work place, school, another genuine church, your neighbourhood or even from another state etc. Our God works in mysterious ways and he knows how he connects his children to each other. So just keep serving God with a sincere heart in your church and he'll grant you your heart desire at the appointed time.
    • 44 posts
    October 1, 2015 10:22 AM CEST

@ Oluwatosin Olayemi, thank you so much for your response. You wrote down my thoughts,  nothing more to say.

• 212 posts
    October 1, 2015 4:12 PM CEST

Everyone has said my mind. Stay there