Forums » Singles' Discussion

Does it mean she is materialistic?

• October 6, 2015 8:10 AM CEST

My fiancee whom we are are supposed to get married by early next year wants to leave me because I have difficulty in a getting a good job. Does it mean she is materialistic? Should I just let her go?

• October 6, 2015 10:42 AM CEST

Being financially stable and not just necessarily getting a job is very important as one of the prerequisites before getting married. Money or lack of it can cause serious issues in marriage. She may really be materialistic or just having a misplaced priority because I belief God is the source of all good things including a good job. Before you take your decision on whether You want to let her go or not try and reassure her that the future will be bright because you are hoping in Gods mercy. Take some active steps in reassuring her. let her see you being in faith concerning getting a good job, submitting your application letters etc. While waiting for the job let her see your effort in making a living. Do something to make money, use your talent... if after doing all these she still wants to go, let her go. A lady that cannot stay with you when things are tight is not worth committing your life to.

• 212 posts
    October 6, 2015 5:56 PM CEST

I support mummy and also want to add this. A lady may be saying a thing and you interprete it as something else. A lady can tell a man to stop being laid back may be because she see signs of unseriousness but the man may take it to be she means she does not love him. It could either be she is seeing a weakness she cannot confront you about or she simply is wants more. Reassure her everything would be fine.Paint a vision for her and ensure you are working towards it.