Forums » Singles' Discussion

They want me to swear at their shrine

• October 22, 2015 8:01 AM CEST

I am in love with a lady from the east. I am Yoruba. They gave us so many problems but the latest is that If I want to marry her, I should come and swear by their shrine that I will not desert her. Should I go?

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at October 22, 2015 8:07 AM CEST
    • 44 posts
    October 22, 2015 10:47 AM CEST

It's a capital NO NO NO. The only vow that should be taken is your marital vow in the presence of GOD, your parents and other witnesses.  What has darkness got to do with light? Which is more important,  your love for GOD or your love for the Lady? Going to swear at that shrine is denying GOD though it may look as if it just a vow not to desert her but I can assure you that it is very much more than that.

My advise is for you to tell the lady and the family that you are not going to swear in their shrine and also threaten to call of the marriage if they insist.  Be rest assure that if the lady really love you then she will find a way to talk her family out of it.

Above all be very very prayerful, ask GOD to take control and stay off Jeru trap.(I want to believe that is not the reason why they asked you to swear)