Forums » Singles' Discussion

We are both AS, AS.

• October 30, 2015 7:08 AM CET

We are both AS, AS. We are trusting God for a miracle. But our parents have given us an ultimatum of 5 days to decide what we want to do. Pls advise us.

• October 30, 2015 8:21 AM CET

Hmm..God still performs Miracles. I am a believer of this kinda miracle. I have heard and seen people's genotype changing to AA. So yes, your genotype can change.

God can change yours, or your partner's, or even both as HE pleases. But you need to be sure

That this relationship is of God, you need to be sure that God is in this relationship; you need to be sure that it is approved of God, cuz this relationship wouldn’t work out based on feelings alone. If God is giving you the go-ahead, then you have no worries.

What is AS, SS to the God that created and formed you, the God mightier than All, the God that created the universe and all that is therein. He is the God that can defy all scientific and medical declarations/reports to Glorify his name.

You’re gonna be needing more than 5 days to get to know what exactly it is God is saying about this. Cuz God doesn’t work the way we work, his timing isn’t ours.. But it still doesn’t change the fact that He would do what he promises to do. So talk to God, get HIM on board..it might be a long ride, and you’re gonna need patience, a lot of it to get through this.

Tis not easy waiting upon God, but it is worth it. People are gonna discourage you, they would say mean and blunt things, but if God says Go, who can say don’t go, who can stop you? Nobody. This is why you need to know if God wants you both to forge ahead in this relationship.

But if after seeking God’s counsel, and you don’t get a Go-ahead from him, you don’t get the conviction and peace you need, then I’ll advise you let go. Tis better to have him on-board now, so you can have a “peaceful storm”, cuz there would be storms of life that would want to sway you, but if you have got God, that is all you need.

• 11 posts
    October 31, 2015 7:38 PM CET

I, for one, at the risk of seeming like a Thomas, do not believe that Genotype actually changes. There can be errors of hemoglobin electrophoresis, but that's for another forum.

In essence, a person's genetic make-up is a more enduring characteristic than even his character or his physical characteristics. 

Having genotypes that are POTENTIALLY not compatible for childbearing (or producing disease-free offspring) is not a contraindication to marriage. Reproduction is not inevitable. The Lord has created the process, and the rest is by choice.

Put emotions, feelings and commitments aside and for a moment, face the issue objectively. Did the Lord call you to this relationship? Does the Lord want you to go ahead and marry? Does the Lord want you to have children? Has he promised none of your children would be SS? Did he say one or all of them would be SS but that is His will?

Whatever the Lord calls you to, do it! Tell your parents boldly: "We are doing this"!

In my experience, the Lord arranges flaws and strengths to meet in ways that meet reciprocal requirements. It means that the needs of each of God's creatures will be supplied.

To clear the air, the S gene is not so bad afterall, it was created as a protection from malaria.

I know many wonderful, beautiful souls who are SS, they are not mistakes. God loves them the same way he loves us, and they too have important roles to play in his purpose. And yes, there are people who are AA and they have all manner of other illnesses and issues. It is the human condition. 

So sister, or brother, perhaps the Lord has arranged an AA spouse for you somewhere to meet your specific genetic need, but you are forcing this AS guy/girl on him?

Na love na.

Or perhaps the Lord doesn't want you to reproduce, and he wants you to marry this person, and you both should be missionaries who travel round the world evangelizing souls in preparation for rapture... Or he wants you to take in orphans and vulnerable children in your community? It is a possibility.... open your eyes to it...

Or perhaps the Lord wants you to get married and there will be miracles of only the A genes combining to produce AA or AS offspring? Be sure.

Remember this, if you do the same test frequently enough, you will get a mixture of negative and positive results. It is an interplay of some measures called Specificity and Sensitivity.

So for your own genes, it is a settled affair. They are going nowhere.

Now, decide what you want to do, based on God's instruction, your faith (personally, I would request that an angel delivers the message, visually and audibly, no less) and the romantic love.

Notice which one came last.

God bless you.

This post was edited by Victor Olayemi at October 31, 2015 8:02 PM CET