Forums » Singles' Discussion

How do I tell my pastor about my lover?

• November 16, 2015 6:40 AM CET

Before I left Nigeria for studies here in UK, I had a suitor who stays in Paris, when he started proposing, my pastor told me to marry someone who is learned and not one who didn't go through University education since I am an Academic in a Reputable University back home who wish to study to the fullest and become a Professor someday. I kept him on hold for a long time and prayed a lot about it but it seemed my pastor's words poisoned my mind a bit.

However, I repeatedly had convictions of him when he seemed to always show interest in telling me the "word" and would even be the one to wake me out of my" spiritual slumber" for i hardly pray or go to church back then but all that has changed since we started relating. I used to always pray for a husband whose ways would "point me towards heaven" b/c i used to be unserious about the things of God. Also, he made his parents visit me at my base and also made me visit his family home during an event where they all got to know and accept me. His qualities also seem great that i started having feelings unconsciously and with the inner peace and sense of belonging i felt more than i hardly experienced with even very educated men in my past i accepted him.

Now i've moved to UK since last year and he wants to us to start courting proper and then i keep asking myself how to explain this to my pastor or if his fears of me having issues in the future by marrying an uneducated man despite his level of exposure were really true?

• 3 posts
    November 16, 2015 8:28 PM CET
    provided you are convinced you will b happy married to him i see no reason why u should allow your pastor's stand to derail your choice. pastors are meant to provide spiritual guidance in choosing a marriage partner.Good enough d man in question is a believer. my sister don't delay o cos delay could b regrettable.
  • November 17, 2015 11:25 AM CET

The onus is that you are the person involved here,Oastor is not coming to live with you im your matrimonial  home,Your Pastor just advised you to the best of his knowledge but still you are the one wearing the shoe.Please never forget that Pastors are also human,.....You seem to like this guy,wwhat to do now,iis to seek God's face directly not seeking Pastors opinion, Let the Holyghost guide you.Most of all follow your intuition,that inner witness,that peace,allow these guide you.