Forums » Singles' Discussion

My friends do not like her

• December 3, 2015 6:04 PM CET

My friends doesn't like my fiancee just because they knows about her past and it's really giving me concern. Please how do i convince them its her past?

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at December 5, 2015 3:43 PM CET
    • 44 posts
    December 4, 2015 9:14 AM CET

Am sorry to say but your friends have no say in this and trying to convince them about your financee is a waste of time in my opinion except you don't have a mind of your own and you are being controlled by them. Who has given anyone the authority to judge another person by their past especially when the person has repented and God has forgiven and can't even remember the sin commited. 

Please can any of your "so holy friend" stand up and say they have never sinned and have been born again from their mother's womb. They have never told a lie or had evil thought in their entire righteous life. If they haven't,  then I bless God for their lives.

Anyone that have sinned, asked for forgivenes, repented and does not go back to the sin is forgiven by God  and who is that motal one that condemns when GOD HIMSELF has forgiven?

• 11 posts
    December 4, 2015 10:11 AM CET

Iron sharpens iron, and a man sharpens the countenance of his friend...

Godly relationships that lead to marriage are on another realm of spiritual revelation. If your friends are not in this realm, they may not understand why you chose her in spite of her sordid past.

However, true friends are a mirror with which we may look at ourselves, to an extent. You should not dismiss their concerns. Instead, ask yourself some vital questions.

1. Do you love her? Or is your affection rooted in pity for all she's been through?

2. Is she God's will, or you feel she is the one? Do you know for sure?

3. Apart from the general things about her past that you know, is there something your friends know that you don't know, and which they are scared to tell you?

4. Is it really her past, or is she just wearing a mask, which only you cannot see?

Friends will usually not express their disapproval of your choice of a mate, because they want you to be happy, and they don't want to be seen as kill-joys. When they do open up and express disapproval, please pay attention.

If you have considered all, and prayed, and you are sure about her, then you may have to choose between her and those friends. Indeed, for love, you should be willing to lay down your life, or your friends.

Really, you don't have to convince anyone to like whom God loves. If it is important to you that she be accepted by your friends, then please pray about it. True acceptance, love and forgiveness are things of the heart, and only God can effect that kind of change of heart.

However, if you cannot be sure about her, you know what you should do!

A wise man sees trouble ahead, and hides himself..... Proverbs 22:3

This post was edited by Victor Olayemi at December 4, 2015 1:55 PM CET
    • 212 posts
    December 4, 2015 10:36 AM CET

1.Tell your friends to check the dictionary meaning of Past. They probably do not even know what it mean

2. It's your relationship,not their's,so you shoulc take responsibility for it

3. If you are sure she has changed and what your friends are talking about is her past,then disconnect from such friends obviously their value system and your are not same

They have past too ad are flawed even if they do not see it

so stand stand your decision