Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon II - Story So far (4) Lagos Camp Experience

• 199 posts
    December 27, 2015 12:29 AM CET

PLATOON II

Story so far..

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE

Merry Christmas KHCites! May the joy and gladness of this season find expression in your lives and that of your families in Jesus name! Amen!

God be with us all!

Boundless Love from

Pearl's Café

Still on the matter for Diamond in the Rough! This weekend, we conclude story so far for Platoon II to bring new members up to speed as we will continue next year with the complete story of this series and Chronicles of Greatness too.

EPISODE 21

It was a beautiful night with Irene because we had a lot to talk about. We had to leave Maami Market on time because of light out at 10pm. By the time we got to the hostel at 9:30pm, Lewa was asleep. So Irene and I gisted all through into mid night. We had to go to sleep at 1am for the early morning jogging at 5:30am.

The military officers led the corp members, there were also some at the middle and at the end of the lines to guide and guard the corp members. The Red Cross team followed us diligently to administer First Aid treatment to those that sustained injury along the way.

Is that clear?” He said again.

Yes sir!” We responded. He said it the third time and we responded the third time.

You are dismissed!” He finally responded and everybody dispersed to their various rooms. Irene, Lewa and I found ourselves went to our rooms together.

EPISODE 22

Irene, Lewa and I participated in the Parade so we reported to the field at 12pm prompt fully kitted with our khaki Uniform ready for the rehearsal before the opening ceremony.

Most platoon members gave the indifferent attitude and enjoyed the few minutes of relaxation. After what seemed to be like ten minutes, we were asked to go back to our original positions as the opening ceremony was about to commence.

You again?!!!” I retorted.

Yes, me again” he said with his usual mischievous smile.

I've told you, you cannot run from me.” he said again.

John Paul laughed hysterically and bounced off without saying and additional word.

At this time, the field was full and we were set to begin.

EPISODE 23

The opening ceremony commence with the NYSC Anthem, follow by the March Past, then, the Governor's address and official declaration of the camp opening. The ceremony ended with the NYSC Anthem and Corps members dispersed.

A night out during Camp Fire? Wow!” I thought to myself.

Derin, I don't do parties, but I could describe the place they will be having it for you.” She said.

No o, It was not me he invited na, how will I just show up? Ok, let's do it this way, you take me there, I'll inform Lewa, then you can leave Lewa and I there. Deal?” I asked with a smile and patronising look.

It was then it dawned on me that Lewa often disappeared to appear. I wondered where she went to anytime she disappeared. I shrugged off the thought immediately it came and enjoyed my meal with Irene.

EPISODE 24

Lewa came to say hello to us. When she saw that we had just started eating. She bought her food and joined us.

After eating and talking for a long time, three of us left Maami Market to our room. Irene changed her mind about going with me to the party since I already had Lewa going with me. I did not mind, afterall Lewa seemed to be livelier than Irene and the party would not be boring with her.

That night when we got to the hostel, I called Annabel and Shaye called me. They both spoke with Irene and instructed her to keep a close watch over me. It sounded funny but I was less concerned. I had not spoken with my parents since after the first day so I made up my mind to call them in the morning. I set my alarm for the next day and slept. It was a restful night.

EPISODE 25

The familiar bird beaconed on corps members at the usual time – 5:30am and the normal morning routine was done accordingly. After we left the parade ground, Irene and Lewa left together to Maami Market. I was not in the mood for food that morning. I just wanted to stay light for Camp Fire.

However, while I was still basking in the euphoria of hearing from home, I looked forward to evening time when welcome party for corps members would hold and I was going to meet the Camp Dons. My target was Damien, the former commissioner's son.

Aderinmola, when will learn to calm down?” I asked myself.

How will you explore if you are always yelling at handsome guys?” I teased myself again. I laughed at myself and entered the hostel.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at December 27, 2015 12:34 AM CET