Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 31 - New Week, New Life

• 199 posts
    January 15, 2016 12:37 AM CET

PLATOON II

NEW WEEK, NEW LIFE

LAST EPISODE

I paused for a while as I made that statement. Lewa was still carried away gisting with Irene. She must be telling her about the party.

Hello?... Hello, Derin are you still there?” Annabel said.

I could not believe I was crying. “Where has all my toughness and crave for adventure gone?” I asked myself.

Irene took care of me, she went to Maami Market to get me food throughout the whole day and also kept me company while Lewa was out as usual for that day. Irene tried to lighten the mood by asking about the party but I answered coldly. She tried to share some of the interesting things that happened that Lewa had told he but she noticed I did not show interest, so she kept quiet and after a while just laid beside me quietly as we both stared at the empty air.

For full story of episode 30, please click “Back to topics” at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You

PLATOON II

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE

EPISODE 31

The day was slow and long, Irene slept off beside me while I still stared into space, finally night fell and I slept off. I woke up the next morning not to find Irene beside me. As I wondered where she must have gone to, I remembered it was a sunday and Irene must have left for church. There were some girls left in the room; some were fast asleep, while some read novels on their beds, some dressed for church while some others had headphones on probably listening to music.

As I sat up to think and plan my day, I observed that Lewa was not back since the previous day. I did not care what must have happened. I also did not feel like going to church even though I felt much better than the previous day. I wanted to keep up the high spirit.

I stood up immediately and went to freshen up, got myself some breakfast from Maami and just as I settled to eat, I remembered Annabel and gave her a call immediately.

Hello Derin, how are you?” Annabel voice spoke up on the other end.

I'm fine dear, I feel better now” I answered.

What happened yesterday? You got me worried” Annabel asked.

Errm, Bel, I think I got myself into trouble” I spoke up.

What trouble?” Annabel asked.

I...” I was about to tell her the whole story when Lewa came in.

Bel, it's nothing, so how are you and how's camp experience” I quickly changed the topic.

Annabel was confused by the sudden change of topic and tone but she did not want to push. She reluctantly flowed along. We spoke for a few more minutes and bade each other farewell. I had barely dropped the call when Lewa faced me.

What is the meaning of that?” Lewa asked.

What is the meaning of what?” I retorted.

Were you going to tell anybody about what happened on friday?” Lewa asked again.

And if I was, how does that affect your lifespan?” I replied sternly.

Look Derin, I noticed you were scared on friday, you had no reason to, Sheila, yes, she's my godmother but she a nice woman.” She said as she came close.

Lewa, you did not tell me you were in a cult, look, if you think I'm in Lagos to join a cult you are joking, I will do no such thing!” I said assertively.

Lewa laughed hysterically at the statement, I wondered if what I had said was funny or foolish but I did not show it.

What's funny?” I asked.

At this point, I noticed some girls staring at both of us. I felt a little bit uncomfortable but I shrugged it off immediately.

Lewa kept on laughing without answering me. She looked at me and started another round of laughter, shook her head and continued to undress and put her belongings in order. I only stared at her wondering if she was ok.

See, you can laugh all you want, I don't care, I am just not joining a cult. I can have my adventure without doing anything evil!”

Instead of stopping to listen, she still continued laugh. Within me I suspected that she must have lost it. I started thinking of what to do and praying she doesn't pounce on me.

...to be continued.

Copyright © 2016 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!

• January 15, 2016 9:48 PM CET
    Wahala dey ooo! Derin and lewa Hmmmm. So what next? Keep the good job sis. God bless you. So interesting........
    • 199 posts
    January 17, 2016 8:16 AM CET
    Lool!!! They fit each other. Thanks Tomi! Amen! God bless you too